Arko Ice Mint shaving cream - yes, it's icy and minty!

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
crackstar

Arko Ice Mint shaving cream - yes, it's icy and minty!

Post by crackstar »

Here is the latest version of the now world-famous Arko shaving creams which are made in Turkey, and it's AWESOME!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Lathers so fast and easily - BINGO!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--You can do 100 passes if you want! :lol:

General skincare: 9/10--Cooling, soothing, protective, and moisturizing.

Scent: 8/10--Very pleasant minty-based scent. Really refreshing.

Price: 10/10--All the Arko creams are low-priced!

Would I buy again: 10/10--Ohhh boy, YES!

This cream was part of a trade which I made with a Turkish gentleman from another wetshaving group. It's the only Arko cream which I have used that has a significant menthol effect. Previously, I had used Arko Moist, which cools only slightly, but this cream really lives up to its name, and it can compete with, or even pass Proraso Green. Great stuff - highly recommended! :wink:

JEFF
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

Like the look of this, so ordered some off the bay, @ $5 incl shipping to the UK I couldn't resist.

All the best
John
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

A potential competitor for Proraso original?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

Wendell, always nice to have options I say...if it is a strong competitor it has the added advantage of being cheaper than Proraso
John
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I want to watch this thread. I have a desire to try arko and dont know what scent to get. Moist? Mint? Limes even?
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I still cannot get over the beautiful scent this cream has, and how rich the lather is, and what a strong cooling sensation it gives. :D
JEFF
Jonnieboy61

Post by Jonnieboy61 »

Mine arrived this week (Took 2 weeks from Turkey..oh well) and really pleased with it. Like the scent mild to medium mint, lathers great and most of all the icy wake up in the morning feeling, really fresh. Excellent value I believe.

My wife cleaned her teeth with it one morning didn't even realise :D
John
malocchio

arko

Post by malocchio »

I'm waiting for my tube from Turkey as well.I have tried 4-5 of the other arko creams,always a good shave.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Jonnieboy61 wrote:Mine arrived this week (Took 2 weeks from Turkey..oh well) and really pleased with it. Like the scent mild to medium mint, lathers great and most of all the icy wake up in the morning feeling, really fresh. Excellent value I believe.

My wife cleaned her teeth with it one morning didn't even realise :D
Oh no! :lol:
JEFF
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I'm not sure I would tell her.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Re: arko

Post by brothers »

malocchio wrote:I'm waiting for my tube from Turkey as well.I have tried 4-5 of the other arko creams,always a good shave.
I'll second that! I've got the Arko Lemon and Citrus. They're cheap and really good. On top of that, I've also got their Citrus After Shave cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gary said it right, they're cheap and good. Sorta like a local BBQ joint that doesn't bother to replace the burned out neon sign because the emphasis is on the food.
Regards,
Squire
Mr. Choo-Choo

Post by Mr. Choo-Choo »

Here's an odd question: I ordered some of this Arko based on Crackstar's fabulous recommendation. Let's suppose just for the heck of it I wanted to combine said Arko Ice Mint with some shaving soap to make the proverbial Superlather. Overkill probably, but I would be interested in what soaps might blend well with this Arko in terms of scent (and anything else I have forgotten). Opnions anyone? Thanks!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Mr. Choo Choo, you're quite a few steps ahead here, I'm thinking. Probably not many here have had a chance to sample the new Arko cream, and because of that we're collectively drawing a blank here. I think we're generally reluctant to mix stuff, but of course I and several others aren't averse to the concept. When you eventually go through with your project, please remember to check back here and let us know how it works out. Good luck!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Were I to try that I would use a lightly scented hard soap such as Harris Almond or Erasmic.
Regards,
Squire