De-scenting a Trumpers soap tub

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
DavidB

De-scenting a Trumpers soap tub

Post by DavidB »

Is it possible to de-scent a Trumpers soap tub? I have a rose tub but don't want to have rose in it, maybe violet instead. I've rinsed it a few times, but it's still a little rosy.

Dave
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

The way scent is collected is by using oil. The strong scent moves to the oil w/o scent.

I can't tell you if that's safe to do with what you have. You're on your own there.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Do you mean wipe tha cavity (or maybe fill it) with some sort of oil? If so, what oil do you suggest?

Dave
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Well, I don't know. I'd do some research to find how perfumers collect flower scent and see if their techniques can be modified to your bowl.

Or maybe fill it with Sodium Bicarbonate and let it sit for a month or so. Mixing it periodically to get fresh chemical next to the wood.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
95%

Post by 95% »

Dave, I put a Violets puck in a Rose bowl that I had simply cleaned with water. The scent of the new soap displaced the old after a very short while. Of course, both fragrances are compatible and very nice, so it wouldn't matter even if there were some slight blending.
Porter
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Thanks, all!

Dave