3P Almond Shaving Soap - new product

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

3P Almond Shaving Soap - new product

Post by brothers »

As far as I can tell, this new soft soap is currently available through Connaught Shaving and Shaving.ie. Comes in a 1K block. Paul at Connaught has made it possible to purchase an ample sample of the soap, 125g, or a small 10g sample. I got the 125g sample, and I'm sure it will last me a very long time.

Ingredients are as follows: Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium Carbonate.
Manufacturer information is as follows: Laboratorio Natura SRL, Paderno Dugnano - Italy.

In appearance and texture, the soap is sticky and soft, similar to the boxed Valobra soaps. The color is pure white. I test-lathered it yesterday afternoon. I loaded the soap for 1 minute with a soaked and squeezed badger brush, then built the lather in a bowl. It made a thick rich lather without any sudsy bubbles. The fragrance is a mild but typical almond, somewhat similar to the fragrance of some of the others. Not dry and not too sweet.

Tomorrow I plan to use it, and will come back to post about the performance of this new product.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's my SOTD post, my first shave with the new Italian 3P veggie soap.

Friday

3P Soap
Rooney/Shavemac Finest
SSA 6/8 quarter hollow SR
COBigelow Witch Hazel Skin Tonic
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

There is no tallow in this one, and it makes no difference whatsoever, in my experience. The soap lathered and shaved great! I couldn't be happier. The lather didn't dissipate on the face or on the brush. No suds. This lather is the thick rich protective and profuse lather we expect. Intended for use by Italian barbers, new on the market in the 1K block, with a well-done almond fragrance that is popular among these Italian products. I believe 3P is a very old Italian brand. Some of you may be familiar with the now discontinued P160 soft soap. I'd suggest that you might want to give this one a try. Paul at Connaught has taken the big block and divided it into 8 125g samples, and is offering them at a very attractive price. Today's shave was just as I'd hoped for.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

And a few months from now, some guys will say "How come I never heard of this 3P soap?" :lol: Just a prediction. Just like a lot of others, cheap and good.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Gary -- you almost convince me to try it -- perhaps the next time I order....
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
BPman

Re: 3P Almond Shaving Soap - new product

Post by BPman »

Pardon the thread necromancy, but I recently got a large sample of this in a trade with a forum member as I had always wanted to try it. First, so many compare this to Cella, but I only have Cella in the red tub and not the block variety of which I have read there is a difference in consistency. Regardless, despite being without any tallow such as in Cella, the 3P soap behaves almost exactly the same. It's a another fantastic Italian shave soap with the all too common almond scent. Now I just have to try some of that Tcheon Fung Sing Rosse. :lol:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Really? I thought they were much the same though I've not compared the two.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I found the 3P kilo block soap to be a little more "creamy" than the small plastic tub of soap,both have great almond scent.
BPman

Post by BPman »

I have used the 3P several times and Bob's my uncle if I can tell any difference between it & Cella. Both are excellent shave soaps as only the Italians can do.
BPman

Post by BPman »

malocchio wrote:I found the 3P kilo block soap to be a little more "creamy" than the small plastic tub of soap...
After using this a few more times I do believe you're right, sir. Those damned Italians and their shave soaps.....................and their cars, clothing, food, women, etc. :P :wink: