ALPA Windsor

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
malocchio

ALPA Windsor

Post by malocchio »

Alpa is really putting out a wonderful line-up these days. Just tried the aftershave and cream called Windsor.The cream is extremely thick,and I had to use more water than with the new green tubed Proraso.The lubrication properties are par excellance !! I was on my third shave with a ss Sputnik blade,and it felt like the blade had been hand honed by a pro..The scent of the cream is very close to what several Bulgarian creams smell like,fresh,clean coumarin laden white soap.So damn easy to lather ! What a great shave....The aftershave is a high proof ,rapidly dissipating soothing formula.Goes on with a slight hint of citrus,then whiffs of clubman barbers powder,then in a few minutes -gone ! It does the job well,,,A very nice combo from Alpa of the Czech Republic...My only wish is that they would team up with the Czech razor blade. co. and let us buy something other than Tiger blades,they have a great selection of high quality blades,including some of the finest carbon blues out there,but with a huge minimum order,they never reach the U.S...

brothers

Post by brothers »

Malocchio, I managed to pick up a tube of this shaving cream from Gary at Shoebox recently. I'm thinking this might be a good one that can be used with or without a brush, making it a candidate for travel, or for an occasional off-rotatiion shave, when I'm in the mood for something different, and good. Thanks for the review. I forgot to say, it's cheap and good, which makes it a great value.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
crackstar

Re: ALPA Windsor

Post by crackstar »

I heard of this cream but never tried it. The only two Czech creams I've used are Don, which is a decent, but not great menthol cream, and Olimon, which smells awesome and performs very well.
JEFF