Boots stick

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
ShadowsDad

Boots stick

Post by ShadowsDad »

Hi gents.

I received a Boots stick among other things from a friend in the UK.

I like the scent of the Boots, but won't use the stick until tomorrow. Surely I can't be the first to use it.

How'd you like it?
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I'd love to get a stick of this for myself. Next trip to the UK, I'll have to get into a local Boots and pick some up.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

What is Boots? Is that the name of the store?
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
harper

Post by harper »

Boots in the UK is comparable to Wallgreens of the US and I knownt know where else they are. They don't stock the level of non medical products that US or Canadian chains like Shoppers do but they are very nice stores. I never need to have a prescription filled in one so I can't compare them with other UKc hains. They are very big in female cosmetics and have their o wn lines.
joe mcclaine

Re: Boots stick

Post by joe mcclaine »

ShadowsDad wrote:Hi gents.

I received a Boots stick among other things from a friend in the UK.

I like the scent of the Boots, but won't use the stick until tomorrow. Surely I can't be the first to use it.

How'd you like it?
It's not bad. A nice woody scent which matches the Boots "Freshwood" aftershave ... smells a little bit like Cade.

Comes in a handy little container, which is a bonus.

The downside is that here (UK) it is about 5 times more expensive than Palmolive sticks but only half as good.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

harper wrote:Boots in the UK is comparable to Wallgreens of the US and ...
I put it to you that this might be considered an understatement

I love the Boots experience where you can buy anything from cosmetics, to shaving gear, to lunch. They closed out of Canada some many years ago. we used to shop there all the time.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?