Vulfix Shave Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Bob H

Vulfix Shave Cream

Post by Bob H »

When I ordered my Cobra razor from Classic I also ordered a tub of Vulfix cream just to try it. I am impressed; the cream lathers very thick and rich plus theres a slickness to it that helps glide the razor. I suppose the slickness comes from added glycerin. I would bet the cream is made by someone else and Vulfix adds their name

Classic is out of some scents and won't be reordering the product (don't no why). I suppose it can be found elsewhere.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Great performance, but horrible scents. As in realio, trulio horrible scents! I've said many times that Vulfix ought to get a proper perfume expert to assist with the scents, because the creams work very well. Similarly, I have bored many of you by pointing out that the 'sandalwood' cream really smells of the sludge in the bottom of a ginger beer 'plant' (I'm certain not one other member knows what I'm talking about - it involves a large winchester glass vessel, an indecent amount of powdered ginger, a lot of sugar, some brewer's yeast, warmth and patience. Wait two weeks and bottle the filtered ginger beer with some more sugar. Two more weeks and open with caution! Explosive, alcoholic, real ginger beer. But the sludge in the bottom of the winchester? Smells and looks like Vulfix sandalwood, which is a compliment of a kind).

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

A...yes...well...quite so...I agree with Chris...I think. Don't really know much about ginger beer but the couple of pots of Vulfix cream I've come in contact with have worked well but didn't smell very appealing. Also, I thought the texture was a bit weird ( this was when they were first offered so I don't know if they are that way now ), kind of custard-like.
Regards,
Gordon
Bob H

Post by Bob H »

The scent I got was Sicilian Lime and I thought it was great Definitely had a strong smell of lime that faded quickly after the shave was done. I'm not a fan of Sandalwood by anybody and can't speak about ginger beer either.

Bob
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

I purchased a sampler of this brand...5 small containers each a different scent but then again my nose is not what it used to be. Creates a great lather and an even better super lather when combined with simple Williams shave soap! 8)