Ralon shaving cream - classy and nice stuff!

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
crackstar

Ralon shaving cream - classy and nice stuff!

Post by crackstar »

Here is a nice, classy cream from Croatia which I received on Wednesday and today was my first shave with it. Here is what I noticed about it:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--No problem that way at all - a ton of lather fast.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--A multi-pass shave is very easy to accomplish with Ralon cream.

General skincare: 8/10--Leaves the skin feeling very clean and smooth with no irritation. Moisturizes well.

Scent: 8/10--Classy and old-school. Very nice. Doesn't really linger for long.

Price: N/A--I traded for it so I don't know the price.

Would I buy again: 9/10--Not available in North America, but I would buy it again if I could.

Croatia, a Balkan country produces a couple of very good creams and here is one of them. This stuff is a little runny coming out from the tube, but it still lathers the way you want - rich and creamy with good and proper stability and blade glide. I would say for my age group, the scent is perfect because I LOVE old-school, traditional scents, and it has pretty good skincare which is important during and after a shave.
JEFF
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jeff, Sounds pretty good ( even if it is unavailable...sigh ), can you try and describe the scent a little more specifically?....is it at all similiar to anything I might be familiar with?
Regards,
Gordon
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Gordon, forgive me please, I beg you because I am bad at describing scents. I would say it's very traditional with a slight cologney (old-school) scent. It is very nice.
Last edited by crackstar on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
JEFF
malocchio

ralon

Post by malocchio »

Ralon is a very nice cream,with a great scent,but don't forget the Ralon aftershave !...A cheap copy of Swiss Pitralon ,it goes on very powerful,and eases into a nice powdery,musky scent that lasts all day.A great combo,but tough to find outside of Croatia.

crackstar

Re: ralon

Post by crackstar »

malocchio wrote:Ralon is a very nice cream,with a great scent,but don't forget the Ralon aftershave !...A cheap copy of Swiss Pitralon ,it goes on very powerful,and eases into a nice powdery,musky scent that lasts all day.A great combo,but tough to find outside of Croatia.

I was told that this cream and aftershave's names were taken from Pitralon, but because of a legal issue, it had to be shortened to Ralon.
JEFF
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ah so! Than does the shave cream smell similiar to the aftershave?
Regards,
Gordon
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Not to me Gordon,but the cream is very pleasant,a clean soapy barbershop scent.
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Thanks for the review, Jeff.
I've been wating for you to get round to this cream since you've got such a vast experience with cheap creams from all over the world.
I picked up a tube of shaving cream and aftershave on vacation some years back and it was very runny. The scent is identical to the aftershave, at leat to my nose. It was by far the cheapes shaving cream one could by. I liked the scent very much, and it stood out among the usual international crowd of Nivea, Denim and Gillette. I understand that Ralon is a very old brand name from way back in the Yugoslav era.

I also picked up the german Solea shaving cream on the same vacation which had a very nice lavender scent.
Eric