Reveal your soap and cream stash - Part 2

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Sam wrote:Trumpets = Trumpers. When I type sometimes, it is on my Nexus 7 handheld computer and I guess my eyesight is that bad.
:lol:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have a full size keyboard and the typos I make are pretty frequent. Sometimes they're hilarious, and I wish I could leave them as is, but then everybody would know what a poor typist I really am, plus the result would be unintelligible. :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic / boar / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
river1

Post by river1 »

[quote="brothers"]Murray, I'm quite impressed by your ability to identify and then build a strong reserve of those few products that sit atop the mountain in your shave den.

I wasn't able to begin the process of narrowing my focus until about two years ago. Since then I've continued to thin down the best of what works for me, and just have begun to try to acquire some reserves.

Gary, my ability is not developed enough to narrow the array of soaps and creams to several. I do seem to reach for the MWF and MCD when a mindless but quality shave lather is needed. AOS sandalwoo, T&H grafton, and Castle Forbes seem to be favorites to enjoy as well. Gifts from the family were Edwin Jager soaps but I have not tried them yet. Doug
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
JimJack

Re: Reveal your soap and cream stash - Part 2

Post by JimJack »

Here are mine.
Arko
Cella
Vitos Red
Proraso Green
Proraso Red
Proraso White
eeffoc

Post by eeffoc »

Creams
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Grapefruit
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Lemon & Lime
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Coconut
The Body Shop Maca Root

Soap
Dirty Girls Farm - Cinnamon Mandarin (local artisan shaving soap)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I don't want to inventory what's all in those boxes, I'd rather keep some things a surprise.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

One thing I can confidently say about my stash -- I always have plenty of MWF on hand.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?