trumpers violet

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Post by brothers »

If Mr. Fitch would favor us with a portrait of his "Hall of Shaving Wonders", and a detailed list of the rarities lurking therein, I'm sure several of the faithful would swoon. Unbelievable!
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Fitch, great to see you back, hope you are doing well.

Chris
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Hi.

Well, Gary, I could ,but the way it's all stored in a couple closets...it would have to be dragged out etc. In other words a pia to photograph. Maybe someday. Think of an old corner magazine, cigar store, however, without any magazines or cigars in it. Like that! :o

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it!
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Gordon, I stumbled onto these awhile back; and thought especially of you! The seller says: "they're fine glycerine shave soaps in the cool water 'type' scent!" Maybe I'll see what I can do (for you) about these....hmm? Perhaps, I could include, a nice vintage boar brush that...oh I dunno, Avon outsourced someone to make in 1973?

Fitch
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Fitch, As always, you're too kind. But you really mustn'd you know. It simply would not do to take advantage of your generousity in that manner. No, please...do be my guest and use those fine soaps and that rare brush you've found for yourself.....I INSIST!
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

F.W. Fitch wrote:Gordon, I stumbled onto these awhile back; and thought especially of you! The seller says: "they're fine glycerine shave soaps in the cool water 'type' scent!" Maybe I'll see what I can do (for you) about these....hmm? Perhaps, I could include, a nice vintage boar brush that...oh I dunno, Avon outsourced someone to make in 1973?

Fitch
Fitch, you saw a glycerin soap and a boar brush, and the only person you thought of was one who is pretty adamant about being somewhat less than devoted to either. There must be someone around here who's quite the opposite. 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Gordon. Cool water scent. Glycerin soap. Yeah I see that. I'm in for a couple bucks. Now on to that stash of violet as I remember. Got any floris rose geranium so asps I have to move out of bathe way? :lol:
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, You do understand that dear Fitch spent some time hunting for a photo of ( from my point of view ) THE most unappealing shave soap that he could possibly find....and succeeded admirably at it I must say....sigh. He and I go back a ways on this forum and have a certain...a...'understanding'....yep. Send him a PM about that mysterious warehouse in Winnemuca, Nev. ( chuckle ).

Sam, Yeah...sigh...the old Floris Rose Geranium bath soap....God, that stuff was nice! Shoot, betcha Fitch has some of that around TOO....for real.
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Last edited by F.W. Fitch on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Thread drift?
Last edited by F.W. Fitch on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Gary, FWIW...

I think Q.E.D. glycerine soaps are a world class product for what they are! I wish you could buy the Limes, Neroli, Luxury Lather and Mocha Java in stick or bowl at any CVS, Walgreens or Walmart! They're fine products that I will sing the praise of!

As to boar brushes: I've never used one, but most do look crude to me! I'm sort of interested in the one WSP is going to come out with though. I do like the looks from what I've seen of it!

Best,
Fitch
brothers

Post by brothers »

I figured that you were having some fun with Gordon. Good one! :lol:
Gary

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ah, Fitch....and what did you edit out....hmmm?
Regards,
Gordon
mlb549

Re: trumpers violet

Post by mlb549 »

the Violet cream is great, but don't they understand it would smell the same if they backed off on the dye a bit? My brush was stained for about four shaves, however, that cream is has found its way into my rotation!
Mike