They want our business

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

They want our business

Post by brothers »

New products are coming at us faster than we can hoard them.

RazoRock's got several new things in the works, a tube cream, mug soaps, and 2 new creams to compete with Castle Forbes Lavender and Lime. Guess the Cedarwood didn't get the nod. :lol:

Next up, Taylor's has released a new Grapefruit Shaving Cream.

Of course, Bullgoose's Valobra based Fougere will be a show-stopper, as will Martin de Candre's Fougere.

Personally, I'm just hoping Proraso will decide to offer their Blue in a soap version.

IKON's getting ready to roll out a SS Slant razor mid year, which promises to be a sensation.

This list is guaranteed to be incomplete, the world is changing at a dizzying pace.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

And one of our gents in the UK tells me that when he orders from Connaught that they're always out of 1 or 2 items that he wants. Not good for him, but it shows the items are being sold. Good for blade shaving in general IMO.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
SharpSpine

Post by SharpSpine »

We are certainly living in the golden age for traditional shaving.
> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

SharpSpine wrote:We are certainly living in the golden age for traditional shaving.
When Old Spice shave soap is released in the traditional glass mug it will be complete.
Richard
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Anyone know who makes RazorRock or where is it made?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I gave up on deodorant several years ago, old spice being what i used. In any event, the allure of old spice is gone for me. I just realized that now when i read richards post. back in the day, the mere mention of old spice shaving soap would have sent me into a tizzy of anticipation. Right at this moment i couldnt care less......not sure if thats a good or bad thing :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
95%

Post by 95% »

jww wrote:Anyone know who makes RazorRock or where is it made?
Their "artisan" line of shaving soaps, of which I have two on order, are made in Italy by an unnamed soapmaker who works by himself, doing this and nothing else. That's from the RazoRock website. Can't wait to try out the soap.
Porter
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

fallingwickets wrote:I gave up on deodorant several years ago, old spice being what i used. In any event, the allure of old spice is gone for me. I just realized that now when i read richards post. back in the day, the mere mention of old spice shaving soap would have sent me into a tizzy of anticipation. Right at this moment i couldnt care less......not sure if thats a good or bad thing :lol: :lol:

clive
Clive, I just dig the white glass mugs, we all know the soap wouldn't be great.
Richard
RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

The traditional wet shaving market is growing at a great clip... I can personally confirm this :D
Torch

Post by Torch »

95% wrote:
Their "artisan" line of shaving soaps, of which I have two on order, are made in Italy by an unnamed soapmaker who works by himself, doing this and nothing else. That's from the RazoRock website. Can't wait to try out the soap.
I recently purchased Razorock's King Louis Lavender, one of their artisan shaving soaps... it performs extremely well. The containers they use are very practical too, they're wider than others.

The label says, "MADE IN ITALY"... "Old World Importing Inc. Richmond Hill, Ontario CANADA"
changabang

Post by changabang »

fallingwickets wrote:I gave up on deodorant several years ago, old spice being what i used. In any event, the allure of old spice is gone for me. I just realized that now when i read richards post. back in the day, the mere mention of old spice shaving soap would have sent me into a tizzy of anticipation. Right at this moment i couldnt care less......not sure if thats a good or bad thing :lol: :lol:

clive
If the shaving market can evolve, so can you! :lol:
James Nicks
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Torch wrote:
95% wrote:
I recently purchased Razorock's King Louis Lavender, one of their artisan shaving soaps... it performs extremely well. The containers they use are very practical too, they're wider than others.

The label says, "MADE IN ITALY"... "Old World Importing Inc. Richmond Hill, Ontario CANADA"
Thanks all ..... very much appreciated.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
slackskin

Razorock

Post by slackskin »

Regarding the above mention of Old World Importing in Richmond, Ontario, Canada --- this is the business name of Italian Barber. Wendell -- I hope this helps clarify.
brothers

Post by brothers »

The mention of Old Spice reminded me that my son told me yesterday that Old Spice is advertising a new fragrance, I forgot the name of it, but he tells me it smells like candy, but he likes it anyway. I guess he located some on the shelf somewhere.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

http://www.gmsoap.com/?thisType=3&mainID=5

Here is yet another for offer. They spent 3 years working on a suitable shave soap base. 30 people across the country helped them 'dial-in' the end product. I've heard good things of their bath soaps. Ron, you with me?

Time to check 'em.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Wow, they've got a new pro-looking website and everything. Yes, their shaving soaps are worth investigating -- no sensory-deprivation*, there.

*Do I want to smell like a mountaintop in Alabama? Why not? I'm with you, Fitch.
Ron
oldtrout

Post by oldtrout »

SharpSpine wrote:We are certainly living in the golden age for traditional shaving.
+1
One can't believe everything one reads on the internet -- Abraham Lincoln
ockhams's razor

Post by ockhams's razor »

many of the scents attributed to tfs tcheon fung sing, an italian company.
"always act like you belong to be here." (serge storms, hurricane punch by tim dorsey).
RazoRock

Post by RazoRock »

ockhams's razor wrote:
many of the scents attributed to tfs tcheon fung sing, an italian company.
TFS only currently works with us on the "La Famiglia" Line
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

clive
One reason I liked it was because of the antique style mug (My son-in-law gave me one) and (cheap) brush. For some reason It always fascinated me. Plus the smell was always rather refreshing IMHO. The aftershave was another story...burned the hell out of me and I don't know why...

Oh well...

Have a great one...

You know the drill...
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...