Will I like Truefitt's lime?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

There were issues years back with some runny pots of T&H Limes, but I think that was a one off and has long been rectified. I think they lathered fine, but were just soupy, for lack of a better term.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yes, there were some like that quite a few years back now but every pot I've gotten at all recently has been fine. Today, I think that T&H provide perhaps the most consistant creams of the old St. James firms. This may be partly due to the fact that Brittany has told me that T&H NA make an effort to check their stock and make sure that what they send out is fresh.
Regards,
Gordon
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

I have never come across a bad pot of T&H, though I'm sure they exist. Their lavender and rose creams are IMO the pinnacle of what's available in those two scents as far as creams go. I don't love their lime scent, and I wish they hadn't changed the sandalwood, but what can you do? That rose...
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I used T&H West Indian Lime cream for my shave this morning and it didn't disappoint. BBS shave, completely irritation free. And the scent was perfect for this muggy 85 degree day in Cincinnati.
Cheers,

Craig
evnpar

Re: Will I like Truefitt's lime?

Post by evnpar »

Mike's Natural Soaps has a clean, invigorating lime that's hard to beat.
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

evnpar wrote:Mike's Natural Soaps has a clean, invigorating lime that's hard to beat.
I used Mike's Lime this very morning, it's the finest artisan soap that I've used, and the lime scent is first rate.
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Post by brothers »

Craig and Dick, I'm with you guys! Mike's Lime is my favorite Lime soap. Regarding the popular Lime creams, I have CF, TOBS, and have had a few pots of Fraser's Original in the past, but haven't used T&H or Trumpers lime creams yet.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re:

Post by Squire »

Craig_From_Cincy wrote:I used T&H West Indian Lime cream for my shave this morning and it didn't disappoint.
I've never been disappointed with it either Craig and your post inspires me to break out the aftershave as well.
Regards,
Squire