Mike's Natural Soaps

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Re: Mike's Natural Soaps

Post by brothers »

As far as the Mike's Lime goes, ten seconds loading time seems to be working quite well. Before the shave I run some very hot water on the soap and let it sit for a while as I'm doing other stuff. When I'm ready for lather I take a completely dry synthetic brush and work it on the soap as I watch the seconds tick away on a small digital clock. At ten I'm done and then I move the loaded brush to the face and build the lather. If more water is needed, I hit the brush with a micro shot of tap water and keep lathering.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Gary, do you pour the water off the top of the soap before lathering, or do you leave it?

By the way, I agree that it is great soap.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

CMur12 wrote:Gary, do you pour the water off the top of the soap before lathering, or do you leave it?

By the way, I agree that it is great soap.

- Murray
Murray, since the brush is dry, I leave the water on the soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

That was my guess, Gary. Thanks for the reply.

- Murray
BPman

Post by BPman »

I bloom the soap with hot water on top & leave at the sink while I shower. When I exit to shave I dump off the water on the soap and thoroughly rinse my synthetic brush under the hot water faucet before lathering. That way the lather is hotter.