Palmolive Creams Question

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
razorhead63

Palmolive Creams Question

Post by razorhead63 »

Hello, I was wondering who here has tried the Indian made Palmolive Lemon scented and/or the Italian made Palmolive Menthol creams....
As I have only used the Classic version and the soap stick, I have no experience with the others...
Please give me some feedback on this, how was their performance ?? I do enjoy using good tube creams that don't cost much more than 10 bucks or so...

Respectfully,
John H.
malocchio

Re: Palmolive Creams Question

Post by malocchio »

They are both excellent,withe the Italian slightly richer with a very nice menthol kick.The Indian Palmolive is a gentle citrus,not as strong as the Lider lime cream...
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

John the Indian versions are very good creams. The lemon is lightly scented but enough so you would notice, I would say mild-medium range. Performance otherwise is above average and for a good price I would be tempted. Where are you sourcing these, if I may ask.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

SQUIRE....If you are looking for the Indian Palmolive creams ,go to http://www.desistores.net and put "Palmolive" in their search bar.You can also put "shaving cream" in the search bar and a lot of other great creams will show up,but not Palmolive !....honest,reliable vendor.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Thanks but no, I wouldn't say I was actively looking for some to purchase. I went through a series (3 or 4) Indian made Palmolive creams some years ago when Giovanni was in business and still have a tube of the Lemon scent. While they are nice enough I'm not interested in paying shipping for what is basically an inexpensive shave cream as that rather eliminates the value aspect.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's not a bad cream. Inexpensive, too. I went on a lemon kick a year or so ago, and ended up with no favorite lemon products, actually no lemon products at all. I think at the time I concluded that AOS lemon cream was one of the best.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Think I'll dust mine off and give it a spin.
Regards,
Squire
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

It's hard to beat the Italian Palmolive Menthol if you want a nice minty-scented cream with a potent cooling effect. There's nothing wrong with the Euro Classic variant either. The Lemon Palmolive cream from India is quite nice also, although I have to confess that I found it a bit drying to my skin.
JEFF
razorhead63

Post by razorhead63 »

I saw those creams on the razorbladesandmore site..., to answer Squire's question.
I am tempted to try out the Indian Lemon scented in the near future. I really like the Palmolive products....