Floris shaving creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
churchilllafemme

Floris shaving creams

Post by churchilllafemme »

Except for the No. 89, I don't see any Floris shaving creams for sale anywhere. Did I somehow miss the fact that the Elite, JF, and Santal have been discontinued? Or am I just not looking in the right places?
_______
John
Gareth
Taylorman

Re: Floris shaving creams

Post by Gareth »

Hmmm interesting, John; I can't find them on the Floris website either. Although these three scents don't interest me (too modern in style for my liking), I know some people round here do enjoy using them.

I'll be paying a visit to the Jermyn Street shop in a couple of weeks, so I'll look and see if they're still available there.

Gareth
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Gareth wrote: I'll be paying a visit to the Jermyn Street shop in a couple of weeks, so I'll look and see if they're still available there.

Gareth
Good, I'll be interested to hear if they're still out there, if not online.
_______
John
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Several posters over at B&B have stated that both scents have been discontinued. I don't know if they are right, just passing it along FWIW.
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Post by brothers »

With all the fuss and bother about the soaps, specifically the No. 89, I was distracted to the point of ignoring the Floris creams, and could have bought them right off the shelf at my local retailer. Then the store decided to stop carrying the Floris line and had a great sale on the existing stock, I stubbornly continued to ignore them. Now it's all a distant memory, and I never had the pleasure of the soap or the cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Craig it seems odd they would cancel them but who knows.
Regards,
Squire