XPEC Shaving Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Re: XPEC Shaving Cream

Post by L. Martino »

Hiya,

Pretty amazing how fast the stuff went extinct. I remember maybe six weeks ago thinking about ordering a few tubs in case it went away, but held off. Woulda hated to spend the cash but when something ain't gonna be around anymore then that's different. Sigh, when I'd looked at the time, there was still some for sale. I still suffer non buyers remorse from when the old Penhaligon tallow soaps were still available for sale in the stores or online.

Martin
brothers

Post by brothers »

Martin, I had a full unopened tub of Domenico Caracini 1913, still in plastic, and I decided to go ahead and sell it because I thought I could always get more later. Right! They went out of business. Brilliant move on my part. Luckily, I did get the XPEC in time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I was thinking Real Shaving Co. cream but CF will do in a pinch.
Regards,
Squire
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

[quote="brothers"]Martin, I had a full unopened tub of Domenico Caracini 1913, still in plastic, and I decided to go ahead and sell it because I thought I could always get more later. Right! They went out of business.

Ok, that's pretty bad. Never tried that stuff but saw wonderful things written about it.

Not to try and top you or anything, but years ago I sold some NIB JF Floris soaps......the really good old ones. Bought em cheap and sold em cheap....$10 each. Boy, talk about sellers remorse still haunting me, and this was from probably 6 years ago or longer. They were closeouts from I believe Nieman Marcus. I thought at the time there was probably lots of soap as good as the Floris. Sheeesh.

Martin
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I don't regret any deal that didn't result in a loss.
Regards,
Squire