Anyone care for The Art of Shaving Uscented Shaving Cream?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

Anyone care for The Art of Shaving Uscented Shaving Cream?

Post by chris1978 »

Hi,

I just try the The Art of Shaving Unscented on free sample which I got it from the mall and I did try the the shaving cream and I like it. I got no cuts or weepers or anything feel smooth after I rinse off my face with cold water. It was good feeling. I also try the aftershave balm which also unscented and it was ok. I feel like not smooth and bit sticky. I didn't care the aftershave balm but I only like the shaving cream that all.

Do you I should buy The Art of Shaving Unscented shaving cream in the Tub or the tube? The tub is now $25 but use to be $22 and the tube is now $16 use to be $14. By the Way, I check the ingredients to see if has any parabens and it turn out it has no parabens. That a good news. I don't know If I want to buy or not. I use try the Sandlewood few times at the tub and tube and the travel sizes but I hate it. It burns me like hell. The Unscented that I try last night It was good no problem.

Do you love/like/care/was your favorite of The Art of Shaving shaving creams?

Any comments?

Chris A
brothers

Re: Anyone care for The Art of Shaving Uscented Shaving Crea

Post by brothers »

Chris, if you like the unscented AOS cream, I'd recommend getting a tube. You get more in the big tub, but there is some tendency for the cream to dry out faster in a tub. The tube's easier to store and use, and it might last longer than a tub with a wide opening. That's my humble opinion. You do save a few bucks up front too.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Chris for me the tubes are a travel convenience but for home use I always choose the tub. The exception is when I want to try out a new scent without committing to the larger container but price doesn't really enter into the decision.
Regards,
Squire
Ken

Post by Ken »

I used to do what Squire does, but I have gradually come to realize that I have never had a tube dry out on me. Tubs, yes. So, even though tubes are more expensive, that's all that I buy now.

A number of years ago, a salesperson at the AOS Madison Avenue store--a highly competent one, by the way, who was with them in the early days--told me that the unscented shave cream was the largest seller. I don't know whether this is still true.

I have used the unscented AOS and like it very much.

Ken
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

I try using the AOS unscented the second time tonight and it was very good no problem at all. It even better than New York Shaving Company, eShave and Kiss My Face shaving cream. They are good quality cream but different ingredient that how they make it. I'm so happy I got this in the first place. I think I started to like it and will be become a favorite cream but I don't know yet we'll see about that. The Art of Shaving Unscented was so amazing. I can't believe it I finally got very good shave not the best shave but very good to better shave. I'm so please. I also glat that The Art of Shaving is now PARABENS FREE! Yay!

The AOS tub is 5 oz. and it better than New York Shaving Company (5 oz.)and eShave (4 oz.) because the tub is small not large enough, oh well, I wish it come with the large size 5 oz. or more.

Do you like The AOS shaving cream? Have you got any experience with it? let's talk about it, shall we?

Chris A
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

i have an unopened tub in the closet......should bring it out (lol) and give it a whirl

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, I always thought that the AoS shave creams were good, but they were basically copies of the original English shave creams ( Trumpers, T&H, etc. ) and I like the originals better. Of course, if one must have a totally unscented cream than the AoS is probably the best available.
Regards,
Gordon