razor rock xxx ??'s

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

razor rock xxx ??'s

Post by fallingwickets »

I never paid much attention so forgive the lame question if you can, but is there an equivalent available these days? I found a tub of this in a drawer the other day and decided to give it a whirl.......very very nice; the scent especially.

thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
cjc15153

Re: razor rock xxx ??'s

Post by cjc15153 »

I think the equivalent is Aqua di Parma (or vice versa). Some time ago I asked a vendor if there was a replacement in the works, and he did not know.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I wish there was a replacement for it, other than ADP.
I still have some XXX from way back, but I'm not going to buy the real thing as it is way more expensive.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks for the info, gents

clive
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

as it is way more expensive.
comment piqued the curiosity.....$62 :shock: :shock: :shock:

clive
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

I heard that the XXX scent was being brought back but in a different soap base; probably even a better latherer than the original XXX.

Razorock currently markets a soap called XX. Rumor is that Joe is bringing back the XXX scent in the XX-soap formulation. Guys that have tried both soaps are in general agreement that the current XX soap is at least as good (and probably better) than the original XXX soap base. So the idea of the XXX scent in the XX soap formulation is an exciting one to those who are missing XXX and can't afford ADP.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, that sounds like a good resolution to the problem you've been experiencing with the passage of the XXX. I think Joseph will see this through, because XXX was usually listed as one of his best sellers on his website.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

LOL, didnt even know until now there was a website......i normally just hit up phil.....will go look in a few. Thanks Gary. And thanks too for the xx info mr. kingfisher

clive