T&H Ultimate Comfort & TOBS Sensitive Skin

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

T&H Ultimate Comfort & TOBS Sensitive Skin

Post by chris1978 »

HI,

I just got two shaving creams in the package in the mail today. I got T&H Ultimate Comfort UNSCENTED on tube and TOBS Sensitive Skin on tan bowl. I haven't try them yet but I don't know which one to start first. I have been use T&H UC before and now I want to try again to see it how it goes. I NEVER try TOBS Sensitive Skin before but I"m looking forward to it. It has has unscented no perfum or dye. I can't wait to try it.

What is your reaction or reviews of these two brands? Any experience with TOBS Sensitive SKin? Do you like it. I have sensitive skin and I still use AOS Unscented on tub and I love it! I have no problem with it. This is my first favorite shaving cream and I don't have second and third favorite yet but it will be. Lately, my shaving is getting better as usual.

Please can we talk about this and I would glad to if you could tell me what your experience like.

Chris A
brothers

Re: T&H Ultimate Comfort & TOBS Sensitive Skin

Post by brothers »

Chris, I can tell you the T&H Ultimate Comfort is just about as good as it comes. Easy to lather with a mild fragrance (to my nose) and a very good shaving cream. I haven't had the pleasure of using the TOBS stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Gary, what do you mean you haven't any pleasure of using TOBS?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, it's a phrase that means I'm sure it will be pleasant if I ever get to use it (because all other TOBS creams have been pleasant) but I just haven't used the Sensitive Skin TOBS yet.
Last edited by brothers on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

brothers wrote:Chris, I can tell you the T&H Ultimate Comfort is just about as good as it comes. Easy to lather with a mild fragrance (to my nose) and a very good shaving cream. I haven't had the pleasure of using the TOBS stuff.
I agree with Gary - the T&H UC is a great cream. The Ultimate Comfort balm is also my favorite after shave balm.
Lynn
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, For me the T&H UC cream worked fine ( I still have some around ) but no better than their classic creams and I prefer having some scent in my shave cream so I always opt for their Lavender cream over the UC. That Taylors stuff, on the other hand, did not turn out well for me at all. It was the only Taylor cream I ever used that actually irritated my face ( go figure ). I also didn't think that it lathered all that well either.
Regards,
Gordon
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

I did try T&H Ultimate Comfort last night and it very good and pretty comfortable. it bother me at all. I smell a light lavender scent but very little. I enjoy it. I haven't been using it for more than a year and half and now I came back to use it. it felt great when I use the L'Occitane L"Occitan aftershave balm and feel smoth and soft. I do feel a very slight razor burn but it not the case. I have to use to it very often. I haven't use T&H Ultimate Comfort for a long time. :D

Now next monday, I will plann to shave the TOBS Sensitive Skin in tan tub but I haven't tried it yet but I will. I did smell the sensitive skin shaving cream and it has no scent which is good. I was looking forward to it.

Chris A :)
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

The TOBS Sensitive is the Jermyn Street cream, is it not? I tried a small tube of it a few months back and it was fine. I was planning on ordering a larger tube of that along with T&H Rose Cream one of these days.
Ron
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Ron,

The Jerymn street cream are in black tub and tube. The other one is Sensitive Skin which has unscented version are tan tub only. That a two different shaving creams for sensitive skin. My says TOBS Sensitive Skin and no scent at all.

Chris A
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Ah, thanks for setting me straight. I haven't kept up with the TOBS catalog lately.
Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ron, Yeah, the Taylors 'for Sensitive Skin' ( only available in the pots ) is a very different formula from all the other Taylor creams. As I posted above, against expectations it did NOT work well for me at all.
Regards,
Gordon
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

I may have to go back to T&H Ultimate Comfort and The Art of Shaving unscented becaust TOBS Sensitive skin are strang I don't know why. Maybe it was skipping or it need to be more cream to make thick and cushion lathering. My shaving is fine now.

Chris A