Godrej

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
66GilletteSlim

Godrej

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

I was fortunate yesterday to get a partial tube of Godrej Red box from an Indian friend of mine. I used that this morning, boy was that nice stuff.
gsgo

Re: Godrej

Post by gsgo »

Godrej shave creams have been enjoyed by many over the years and have a good reputation. A good value especially if you can find them locally at an Indian market.
Good shaving,

Gary
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

gsgo wrote:Godrej shave creams have been enjoyed by many over the years and have a good reputation. A good value especially if you can find them locally at an Indian market.
Gary,

I believe the key is, "good value especially if you can find them locally at an Indian market". Some of the Internet prices I have seen, combined with shipping, push this soap over the good value mark, in my humble opinion.
66GilletteSlim

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

The price on the box from the Indian Market was either $2.95 or $3.95 I can't recall.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, it is a good product at a good price, yet, like many things, shop with care.
Regards,
Squire
Araner

Post by Araner »

I’m quite fond of the Godrej lime cream. I used to buy it from a vendor via Amazon. Regrettably that vendor became unreliable on shipping; pity because the price was about $3.00 and change per tube.

Regards,
Mike
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

I also enjoy the Godrej LIme Fresh Cream. It produces an easy, thick, cushioning lather. I also like the lime scent. I just used it again a few days ago.

66GilletteSlim

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

Bob in TX wrote:I also enjoy the Godrej LIme Fresh Cream. It produces an easy, thick, cushioning lather. I also like the lime scent. I just used it again a few days ago.

Nice Razor Bob
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I agree Bob, Godrej creams do a very good job and I particularly like their lime scented version.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

from what I've heard, the menthol version is pretty good stuff also.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Other than scent, yes, the menthol version is fine but all the Godrej creams I've used gave very good performance.
Regards,
Squire