Blueness shaving soap stick from Turkey

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Blueness shaving soap stick from Turkey

Post by brothers »

Made by Adnan Akat Cosmetics in Istanbul Turkey. Blueness is the name of this shaving soap. Comes in a 75g stick. Packaging is simple yet professional looking and functional. I'd call it a very viable alternative to Arko and the other similar products. Generates a thick rich abundant lather. Not sudsy. The fragrance is masculine, pleasant to my nose, and not intrusive. The soap is quite firm, not easily malleable at room temp. I made a test lather of Blueness with cold hard tap water without issues. I sat the lather-loaded brush aside for about 20 minutes, I almost forgot about it, until I saw it sitting there, and the lather had not dissipated in any way. I squeezed all the lather out of the brush and it was just as thick and rich as when I made the lather. I face lathered it and then I built a lather in a bowl. The total cost of 4 sticks of Blueness shipped to me was about $4.50 each. Over the past several years I've had Arko and all of the Arko imitators. This one's the best lathering and best smelling one so far, according to my own personal perception and expectations. I'm happy to have it. I think I should cut a stick in half and press half into a repurposed Brut deodorant push-up container, and the other half into a Ziploc plastic resealable bowl so I can use it for face-lathering or loading from the soap according to my whims.

Last edited by brothers on Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
SharpSpine

Re: Blueness shaving soap stick from Turkey

Post by SharpSpine »

I've seen another shaver using this and posting impressive lather shots of it. Thanks for sharing your experience with it Gary.

Would you mind typing out the ingredients though? The picture of them seems to have been cut off.

Thanks again!
> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
brothers

Post by brothers »

Ooops! I' ll try to crop and repost the photo from my phone. If that doesn't work I'll do it from home later today.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

A recent post on another site from a Turkish shaver reveals "Blueness" is the replacement for "Camelot"....I like Blueness,even though the name is a little goofy,the lather is great.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yeah, Camelot has a touch more pizzazz.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I reposted the same photo. I have no clue what happened to cut off the right side of the original. As of now, anyway, it's the full deal.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that the Blueness is my full time soap for as long as it takes to get it all used up, I must say it's serving me very well. I' m loading the Omega 48 brush on the soap for 15 seconds and am being rewarded with some great lather and close smooth shaves. Not much more to say, except I like the scent.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This plan of mine, the one where I use up each soap before moving on to the next one, has been a success. Blueness was a mystery. Blueness can hold it's own in the realm of good and cheap shaving soaps. If we could visit Turkey (where it's made) I think we'd find a lot of guys who use only Blueness and nothing else.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Those that practice our Western concept of grooming anyway.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

The little stick of Blueness shaving soap is officially all used up now after a total of 22 shaves. Today's shave was one of the best. There wasn't much left, so I slightly overloaded the brush, the Semogue 2000, and had lots of thick rich fragrant lather. It was a very good soap. I loaded my brushes for 15 to 20 seconds every time, save the last one. I'm glad to have experienced Blueness. I wish the product and it's makers well. I hope it becomes as popular as Arko.
Gary

JayDee

Post by JayDee »

malocchio wrote:A recent post on another site from a Turkish shaver reveals "Blueness" is the replacement for "Camelot"....I like Blueness,even though the name is a little goofy,the lather is great.
Could these both be the same product with a different name?
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

It's possible,both were soft,but I can't say for sure ,I never used Camelot,I only know Blueness replaced it.The best "soft stick" from Turkey for me was GZD Berber,tons of thick lather with the Arko type scent,really easy to achieve the lather as well.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I suppose anything's possible. At one point I got a bunch of Turkish soap sticks, but don't remember whether Camelot was among them.
Gary

JayDee

Post by JayDee »

malocchio wrote:It's possible,both were soft,but I can't say for sure ,I never used Camelot,I only know Blueness replaced it.The best "soft stick" from Turkey for me was GZD Berber,tons of thick lather with the Arko type scent,really easy to achieve the lather as well.
I'm sure the Blueness stick is good stuff.
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Well, along with the GZD stick which I received yesterday I also received a Blueness stick which I plan to try on Thursday. The scent is nice - very exotic, yet masculine.
brothers

Post by brothers »

You're a lucky guy! I would like to challenge you to use it up from start to finish. :D It's a good one. They both are good soaps, actually.
Gary

JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Gary, with all the soaps and creams I have I think the Blueness will last for many years! :lol:
numerouno

Post by numerouno »

Did you like it better than GZD ?
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

numerouno wrote:Did you like it better than GZD ?
No, I would say I enjoy both of them equally.