Salter Mint

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Salter Mint

Post by Chris »

Gents,

Decided to try a sample of Salter Mint that Charles gave me....it gave me the best shave of my life. Thick, VERY hydrated lather allowed me to shave with and against the grain with ZERO irritation. Debating whether I should opt out of the rose soap and get a tub of this instead :)

Chris
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

When faced with such decisions, Chris, I get both.

Dave T
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Chris, I must admit that over the last two months my favorite shavecream has become Salter's mint. Nice shave and it is real good to my skin. Still though, after reading Joel's review of the qed rose shave soap, I will have to try Charles' soap as well. Since you can get both products from Charles, you might as well follow Dave's advice and get both. :D
Randy
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Oh believe me, I want both...gotta get permission from the boss aka the wife though! I'm leaning towards both though...man what a FANTASTIC shave that mint gave me today. Thickest lather I've had yet...my skin feels great even two hours after I've shaved. Fantastic.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I went with the Salter mint...got a bonus, so I ordered a ton:

1 Trumper's extract of limes cologne
1 Trumper's Lime shaving cream tub
1 Trumper's Rose shaving cream tub
1 QED Rose shaving soap
1 Salter mint tub
1 tube Taylor's Eton College
1 tube Taylor's St. James

I will have the complete Taylor's line and every Trumper's except almond and sandalwood...woohoo!
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

What is the mint scent like? Is it a mint fragrance, or is it scented only with essential mint oils, like peppermint or spearmint? If it is a fragrance, is it synthetic and perfumy, like someone's "impression" of what mint ought to smell like, or is it pretty genuine smelling? How does the quality of the cream itself compare to the likes of Trumpers or Taylors?
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I do not have the shaving cream but i have heard that it smells like mint chocolate ice cream. It will be the next cream I purchase, that and Taylor Sandalwood, but I am waiting til the two I have now run out.
Justin
Texas
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

It smells exactly like mint chocolate chip icecream--it is very nice.
Randy
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Based on the description of it smelling like "mint chocolate chip ice cream," it sounds like it is a perfumed cream, rather than deriving its scent only from essential oils. Am I correct in that assessment?
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

To me the mint was more of an herbal scent. I really did not care for it very much. Nice shave though.
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Jackie,
Im not a fragrance expert by any means. You may want to pm Charles about the cream. I'm sure he'd know.
Randy