TOBS Sandalwood shaving soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

TOBS Sandalwood shaving soap

Post by brothers »

Thanks to a member of the shaving forums I got a bowl of Taylor's Sandalwood soap yesterday. Lathered it up for today's shave. This is what I was looking for. Even though it might be one ingredient shy of TOBS new Lime soap, it meets my perception and expectations very well. Plus, I happen to like the fragrance a lot. Now I have not one (Harris) sandalwood. soap, but two. It's stuff like this that keep me looking forward to the next shave!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Re: TOBS Sandalwood shaving soap

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, you had to post this didn't you? :) I'm a Taylor's man through and through but these two I don't have. I was holding out and trying to be strong now I gotta get them. I love the scent of Taylor's Sandalwood shaving cream and still have my original pot from about a decade ago. It's nigh depleted though with just a smidgen left in the pot but the scent is strong and intoxicating. I'm thinking the soap is just the ticket to experience this again.

Christmas can't come soon enough.

Chris
92redragtop

Post by 92redragtop »

Have you tried the aftershave gel with the soap to extend the scent? I have the shaving cream and balm and it's great.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Haven't got this soap yet. Christmas was great but just didn't feel the impulse to get anything else. It's in my long range plans and on my short list.

I do have a tube of the Sandalwood gel (I think) from about 11 years ago though. I remember it leaving a faint white film after drying. I'll have to dig it out and see if it is still good and maybe try it again.

Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Taylor Sandalwood shaving soap is one of my all time favorites and one I should consider revisiting.
Regards,
Squire
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

Good soap, my only complaint is that it isn't scented as strongly as the cream.
brothers

Post by brothers »

True, but as my sense of smell changes, I actually think I like the soap's scent more than the cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

I can see preferring the scent of the soap. I'd rather use soaps but either way I like of the scent this soap/cream. Lavender too.