Q.E.D. Shave soap selection???

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Meatco1

Q.E.D. Shave soap selection???

Post by Meatco1 »

What happened to the selection of their soaps?

I have over 20 Q.E.D. soaps that are running very low, and went to their site to reorder,
only to find, he has but two soap offerings now. Not to mention, no Q.E.D shave
sticks at all.

Has Q.E.D discontinued their soap line?

Respects,
Richard
brothers

Re: Q.E.D. Shave soap selection???

Post by brothers »

Someone recently posted somewhere that the source of the legendary soap is no more.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Yeah, I had to go to the straight razor place and order the replacement tub and melt it down to put into the shave stick. I have one stick holder left and wish I had stocked up. will figure out what to do if i ever destroy the one I am using
J T

Post by J T »

Richard
With the world of Artisan soap makers now being inhabited by Doctoral Chemists, Nuclear Physicists / Interrogators, CIA Agents, it would be easy to speculate that Charles is just concentrating on his retail business. Why not drop him an email and ask. I have always found him to be personable and very attentive to his customers.
~ Jack
Meatco1

Post by Meatco1 »

Well, I did call to inquire, but Charles has not bothered to reply, as of yet, and it's been a week since my call.

At this point I ordered 3 new Trumper creams, but certainly would like buy some soaps that lather like
the Q.E.D. line.

I thank you all for the answers to my question, and I guess I'll be sticking to creams for a while.

Respects,
Richard
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today I discovered a big tub of QED Frankincense and ?, hardly used at all. (sorry I forgot that other fragrance, probably Myrrh?) Too bad about the QED soaps. They're legendary.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Meatco1

Post by Meatco1 »

I wonder why the soap line was discontinued? If it was a big seller, why hasn't it been replaced with a soap with similar properties?

Although it's certainly not a big issue, I for one would like to replace my existing soaps with something that works as well.

To bad Charles doesn't work with another mfg. to blend up soap that copy the properties of his old soaps.

Respects,
Richard
brothers

Post by brothers »

It is a mystery. Meanwhile, Straight Razor Designs private label glycerin soaps are very good, and Don and Lynn keep their products in stock at great prices.
Last edited by brothers on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

I am another one bummed that Q.E.D. s. soap is no more. They had been sold since about 1982. I had asked for some of his scents to be offered in tubs, such as the Mocha Java. The Rose Geranium, Fresh Lime and Wild Rose were also top tier products. You might check out these as a replacement option. Not an arm & a leg, either. Just maybe....

http://www.thesoapopera.com/cgi-bin/sca ... id=7393893
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Quite a few years ago I got several QED soaps. When I was posting here I discovered that tallow soaps are favored and QED was not a tallow soap. After that I thought I could detect that the lather was different from the Tabac soap I had, More foamy, less rich. I know I had rose, sandalwood, and tree tea among others.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

F.W. Fitch wrote:I am another one bummed that Q.E.D. s. soap is no more. They had been sold since about 1982. I had asked for some of his scents to be offered in tubs, such as the Mocha Java. The Rose Geranium, Fresh Lime and Wild Rose were also top tier products. You might check out these as a replacement option. Not an arm & a leg, either. Just maybe....

http://www.thesoapopera.com/cgi-bin/sca ... id=7393893
Hi there,

If you order, keep in mind the glycerin shaving soap formula is, I believe, the same as the bath soap. However, the one called Himalaya with shea butter is NOT the same and very fun to use. Nice scent too.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just to update this thread, Q.E.D. is once again selling a (new) line of shaving soaps. I'm hoping others have noticed, and maybe we'll be seeing some reviews soon. Way to go Charles.
Gary