Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum shaving soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
ShadowsDad

Re: Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum shaving soap

Post by ShadowsDad »

fallingwickets wrote:Brian, I went to west coast and also the italian to buy some of your soap, but neither carries it.......are you the only one selling at this time? btw, went to bullgoose too.....i thought he would have the inside track HAHAHAHA

clive
Bullgoose is no longer a retailer and hasn't been for a year or more, but that's just a guess as to the timing. I can't keep track of it. All of the current retailers of my products have been offered the soap. I suspect the Christmas holiday upset their inventorying of it, but I don't have the inside information into their businesses; they are all independent. At the moment Kramperts Finest and Seifenglatt are the only sources that I know of, but I expect that to change very soon. I'm deliberately keeping my cards close to my chest.

When was it? Maybe this past spring? I decided to stop treating this as a hobby and more along the lines of a business. Understand, I know nothing of business and I'm retired. The last thing I wanted was another "job" and I never anticipated having a business. But I know enough to not get into debt and not to grow too big too soon. For the past few years each year has brought teething pains, but we've gotten through them as we get bigger. It won't be much longer until I have to change my signature line yet again. FWIW, this is the first job that I've actually enjoyed. I love the feedback; it's what makes it worthwhile (so far).

Gary, you probably know that I make an ultralather for every shave. Generally that means extended load times to increase the soap solids. I'm finding that this soap doesn't need that. It might not respond well to using too little soap (what soap does?), but I've been backing off of ultralather load times and it's been working fine and actually better. I wish I was able to shave more than once a day so that I could test it more frequently. Stay tuned.
Last edited by ShadowsDad on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

There was a time when I pursued the ultralather technique, but I eventually identified a few soaps that don't need to be ultralathered (extended load time). Seifenglatt soaps weren't even on my radar screen before this morning.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks Brian. The reason i went looking is because your signature line has:
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving,
Off topic, bullgoose seems to be very much alive and well :) :) Anyway, looking forward to trying your soap in 2015......I plan on ordering later today

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Sorry, I missed that, it simply didn't register. I expect they'll list it soon. I got very positive vibes from both Italian Barber and WCS. Joe has been on vacation and that's probably why it isn't listed on IB yet.

Clive, Check your paypal e-mail for an update.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
celar36

Post by celar36 »

I will wait for IB as he can ship your frostbite to uk if I remember correctly!
Jack
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

He can Jack, and I can't.
Brian

flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Got to try Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum shaving soap today, NICE! =D> Really lathered up in no time. While I was bowl Lathering I could actually detect the Bay rum in my mouth. Lol. Really a great soap Brian.

Anthony
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks Anthony. For obvious reasons I don't want to say much about it.
Brian

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Really a great soap Brian.
a DEFINITE second on the review. Ive never been near a bay rum before now and so scent wise i cant really comment (smells fine to me), but the actual soap, lather, cushion, glide etc are all very TOP notch

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks gents. I know what I like and I grade hard - no excuses allowed, and no one gets a "C" just for showing up (this isn't PC high school). It's gratifying to know that you like it.
Brian

JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Brian, I'm sure your soap is awesome - one day I'm going to try it. :)
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Bay Rum finally came up in the rotation, and will be in use for the next several days. This is a good soap. I 'll follow it with a generous splash of the matching aftershave. This is a good way to start the day.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444