TOBS Shaving Creams does make dried?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

TOBS Shaving Creams does make dried?

Post by chris1978 »

HI Gents,

Long time no see. I want to ask you few things about TOBS Shaving Creams. The TOBS Coconut that I tried in few times and I really like it but what really annoy me was is, it got me break me out or dried me out but I'm not not sure what it is. I got one small white bump on lower right neck one occasion and the other time I got another white bump on my jaw near my chin, which lasts about a week to go away.

Does anyone know it that true that you get break out or dried out. It is could be the Coconut scent or any scents that you use? I got pretty good shave with a couple weepers.

Now the new question for you: I was looking forward to try the TOBS Organic shaving cream (uscented) for Sensitive Skins. I did try couple of times by using TOBS Natural shaving creams and they both have the same ingredients but similar one. Can you explain what it means by that the Organic shaving cream: Made from 95% natural raw materials, this is gentle on the skin and kind on environment while still offering a fantasic Taylor shaving experience. Containg Aloe Vera, Jojoba and Vitamin E to nourish your skin. 95% natural raw materials?? I don't get it.

The other is Natural Shaving creams is enriched with Aloe Vera, Coconut OIl, Vitamin E and Allantoin.

What is the differnce? I'm concerns about this.

Chirs A
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: TOBS Shaving Creams does make dried?

Post by Squire »

Hi Chris, it could be the white spots are caused by ingrown whiskers rather than your shaving cream. I'm concerned that you're still getting weepers though, perhaps shaving more slowly will solve that. I would much rather have a comfortable shave than a close one.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Chris. Maybe if you could email the manufacturer's customer service with your concerns about the 95% claims, they could provide the information you need. I confess I probably don't understand your question and/or the nature of your concern. I wish I could be of more help.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BlakeOrlando

Post by BlakeOrlando »

I have historically been prone to breakouts, I actually even take a low dose of acne medication to prevent future breakouts. I was using TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream which is revered by many as the one of the best shaving creams on the market. I was still having some issues with breaking out, but I don't know if that was attributable to the shaving cream or a million other factors. To play it safe, I switched to TOBS shaving cream for sensitive skin as this article said it was one of the best shaving creams for sensitive skin and I am a fan of TOBS creams. Maybe you should give that a try. So far so good for me personally.