Krampert's Finest Frostbite Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Re: Krampert's Finest Frostbite Shaving Soap

Post by brothers »

Today marked 40 shaves for the Frostbite soap, but it's fading visibly now. Maybe 5 to 8 more shaves before it's time to move on. I had a bright idea a couple of weeks ago and moved the remaining soap to a wooden bowl, but after about 3 uses made me realize there wasn't enough surface area for the Razorock synthetic brush to grab the best amount of soap during my 15 second lathering regimen. I moved it back into the empty original container and now things are moving along at a proper pace toward the ultimate disappearing act.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Krampert's Frostbite gave up 43 excellent shaves before it ran out. Well done!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Gary do you have any feel for how many shaves you got in total? Myself, I couldn't hazard even a guess but the bottom is plainly visible in the center.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes sir! Exactly 43 shaves, all of which were excellent. I loaded the brush no more than 15 seconds.
Gary

JayDee

Post by JayDee »

I definitely need to use this soap more often. I enjoyed it so much this morning.