Natural Grooming by Herban Cowboy: Review

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Ouchmychin

Natural Grooming by Herban Cowboy: Review

Post by Ouchmychin »

My grandson gave me a tube of his favorite brushless shave cream last year and I have been using it once or twice a week. It is called Dusk Ultra Comfort Formula Aloe Shave Cream. I can say that when properly applied it is a very impressive cream. What I mean is that my face has to be super wet and the hand I squeeze the cream onto also. Then I smear small streaks on each cheek and each side of my neck. Using the fingertips of that hand I proceed to lather up much like with a brush. Wash the hand and shave normally, which for me is 3 passes and a final polish to bbs. This stuff is very protective and only really slick when mixed with a lot of water. Each pass I wet my fingertips and smear the residue around. As it thins it safely lets the blade closer and closer to the skin but an almond sized glob is enough for all passes. Then I rinse my face and it has none of the irritation which I sometimes get from regular soaps. I still go to regular soap or cream for most shaves but for me this is a great product.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
EL Alamein

Re: Natural Grooming by Herban Cowboy: Review

Post by EL Alamein »

Pete, sounds like a winner. Hope you enjoy for many shaves to come.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

And maybe next time, his grandfather might give him some shave gear! Sounds like a great relationship.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Already gave him a Schick Hydro 5 razor, and assortment of my favorite colognes in sample vials. His dad is a confirmed electric razor user and had trained him to that. I had to convert him to wet shaving, at least part of the time.
Ouchmychin (Pete)