L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream & Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream & Soap

Post by chris1978 »

Hey Gents,

I use to try the L'Occitane shaving cream on long tube which has been reformulated in about a year and half ago and the shaving was kind of slow I don't know why. I may have to try again on either the cream on the tub or the tube next month.

What is your experience was like by using the L'Occitane Cade shaving cream? Do you like it? Does it works well for you?

I understand that the price for the tub is $34.00 and the tube is $28 but it worth it. I'm dying to try it again and see if work it again. You know L'Occitane is my favorite store. I love the product. I buy it every few months not the shaving creams but the bath soaps,aftershave balm and the deodorant that I love.

Oh by the way, L"Occitane shaving cream has shea butter which is good for your skin.

Chris A
Brutus

Re: L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream & Soap

Post by Brutus »

The original shaving cream was so terrible that for a long time I refused to take any notice of it until someone mentioned Cade cream had been reformulated.

I tried both the tube and the "Rich Cream" jar and the creams are a vast improvement over the old product.

I like the scent well enough and use Cade from time to time although Cade never really made it to the list of my top 10 shaving creams and soaps.
But if you like the other Cade products, I'd expect that you will like the new shaving creams now too.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I found the original cream terrible; couldn't get it to lather no matter how hard I tried. I binned the tube before it was half finished out of frustration. Unfortunately, I haven't found the re-formulated cream to be much better. In fact I thought it might have been old stock of pre-reformulation cream, but the shop assured me it was the latest. Even if it did a good job of lathering I'd say this cream is poor value at the price. You can buy excellent creams at less than one fifth the price of L'Occitane, e.g. The Real Shaving Company, Erasmic. Even a high end English creams, such as TOBS, are far better value as is The Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

I like the L'Occitane but Rufus is right. If one wants to put out the big bucks, Castle Forbes, Penhaligons, and others, make superb shaving creams. If one doesn't mind paying a lot less, then the market is bursting at the seams with excellent shaving creams as those he has listed.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

I've been curious about this as well, as I quite like the soap (both formulations), and have been curious about the cream, even though I'm definitely more of a soap guy.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I'm half way through a tube of the Cade shaving Cream. I'm not a fan of the scent, much prefer the Cade scent of the soap. I find the cream a bit dense and heavy to work with a brush. It doesn't burst into a lather, but comes along gradually. it reminds me of TGR shaving cream in that aspect. The shaves are good, so I'm happy with the end result, but I don't think I'll pick up another one when it's gone.
Eric
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Well Guys, I'm looking forward to try the L'Occitane Cade shaving soap or the cream on the jar but I'm not sure which is one to buy. I do think that the cream in a jar and the shaving soap on the tin shaving bowl are better option than the tube because of the better lathering out there. I never try the cream on the jar or the shaving soap because I need some feedback. Right now I'm having a little hard time to deciding what is one on what I'm going to get.

I know that the Cade shaving soap and cream are so popular but you need to work it out more when you lathering up. Don't give up keep trying. Eric, I know you having problem with lathering up when using the cream on the tube but don't give up hope. It has been reformulated creamy and thicker than ever.

any comments?

Chris A