MWF -- in stick form

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jww
Woolly Bully

MWF -- in stick form

Post by jww »

As some of you will recall, I have pined the lack of MWF in stick form for a very, very long time (since I first used a stick back in 2005 I think). So -- this morning as I peered deep down into my magic porcelain dish of declining Fat, I decided to pry it out and mold it into an empty DR Harris stick container that I was keeping for such a purpose. Gentlemen, I am happy to report to have had a resounding success in this little experiment. I was surprised this worked so well.

No more will I struggle with the sadness of watching the bits and pieces of a well-used cake of MWF going down the drain ...... they will continue to serve their purpose -- to produce luxurious and copious lather until they are gone.

Evidence here on Twitter ....... https://twitter.com/wendellwagner/statu ... 3530259456

Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: MWF -- in stick form

Post by Squire »

Where there's a will there's a way.
Regards,
Squire
BiffBuff

Post by BiffBuff »

Flippin' brilliant! I think that I will try the additional twist of mixing various soap fragments together -- sort of a GUESS THAT SOAP game.

...be a good way to add a note of pleasure while on the road.
disengage
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

The thing about MWF that made this so easy, is it's pliability. It's a very soft soap, and as it gets down to the dregs, it's easily malleable in the hand. So it took me all of about 30 seconds to push what I had left into the container.
Wendell

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

apply for patent asap!!!!!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
nav

Post by nav »

I had an old QED push up tube which made an awesome MWF stick!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Another upside is you guys can continue to reuse that tube.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:Another upside is you guys can continue to reuse that tube.
Indeed!
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Brilliant Wendell. I've taken to rubbing the cake of MWF on my face and then lathering as this works much better than lathering in the tub. If I had a empty shaving stick tube I'd trying loading the soap into it, but all I have is a Harris lavender stick that is only 20% used. :-?
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Bryan, I have great success with used Brut push-up deodorant tubes. As a matter of fact, I have a box full of them, and if you want one, PM me your mailing address. This is what I used when I made my own MWF sticks in years gone by. To be fair, anyone else who needs a clean empty tube, send a PM, if you've been an active posting SMF member for a few months.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

brothers wrote:Rufus, I have great success with used Brut push-up deodorant tubes. As a matter of fact, I have a box full of them, and if you want one, PM me your mailing address. This is what I used when I made my own MWF sticks in years gone by. To be fair, anyone else who needs a clean empty tube, send a PM, if you've been an active posting SMF member for a few months.
Gary thanks very much for the offer, but I'm in Canada, so mailing one wouldn't be straight forward. What I'll do is visit Costco to see if they sell Brut or other deodorant in a push up tube. I image it wouldn't be too expensive and I'll discard the contents. Don't know why I didn't think of this; very strange since I've already had two large strong coffees this morning.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good point. That's what I used to do. Very inexpensive, and I didn't use the deodorant, just the tubes. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Bryan perhaps something stronger than coffee would be more inspirational.
Regards,
Squire