Cryogen shaving soap - be very careful!

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
JayDee

Cryogen shaving soap - be very careful!

Post by JayDee »

Well, as I said several times already - finally I have a soap which actually beats the Stirling Glacials in freezing power. Not by very much, but still enough to feel and notice. This is from Chiseled Face Groomatorium, and I love it.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Extremely easy to work up rich and stable lather.

Longevity of lather: 10--Multi-pass shaves are so easy. The lather works forever.

General skincare: 9/10--Soothing and moisturizing. Be warned because the menthol power is almost unbearable.

Scent: N/A--The soap is not scent-free, but it has no fragrance oils. It's 100% menthol.

Price: 8/10--12,99$ for a 4 once container is quite reasonable.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Hell yeah, because I love menthol so much.

Once again I warn anyone who's not able to tolerate super-intense menthol to stay away from this soap because when I opened the container yesterday after receiving it I got hit in the face by a blast of menthol which almost choked me. I honestly had my doubts that I would be able to use this stuff, but after doing a test-lather with it and a shave this morning I can really say this soap is terrific and I'm able to bear the freeze it gives. The lather is a pleasure to work up and you get a lot of moisturizing from it as well. One more thing - if you decide to go for this stuff, keep the lather away from your eyes because the menthol fumes are sure to make them tear like hell and whatever you do, DON'T let this lather get in your mouth by mistake because it burns like there's no tomorrow. Again, Ron Wiebe created a magnificent product which I endorse for those who are hard-core menthol freaks. (like me!)