Palmolive shaving soap & cream has been discontinued.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Palmolive shaving soap & cream has been discontinued.

Post by Squire »

I generally avoid big box stores (too much walking) but will be on the lookout for Jergens and Cashmere next time I chance into one.
Regards,
Squire
mustang_john

Post by mustang_john »

Squire wrote:Oh the demand is there just the lure of higher profits is elsewhere.
Glad its not just me that's cynical ;)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

A cynic is an optimist who's been mugged.
Regards,
Squire
BiffBuff

Post by BiffBuff »

Being a cynic has it's advantages -- you're either constantly being proved right, or being pleasantly surprised!
disengage
brothers

Post by brothers »

Cynics depress me. :D. I can be very cynical, to my own detriment.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Cynics are rarely disappointed.
Regards,
Squire
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

IMHO, the trick is to strike the right balance between cynicism and optimism, with (as a survival tool) an ever so slight bias towards optimism.

Here we go (essentially a confirmation of post #3 in this thread):
On May 25th, I sent again an e-mail to Colgate-Palmolive in Germany, where I usually buy my Palmolive shaving products on trips to the European continent, and this is what they replied today: "Die Palmolive Rasierseife Classic for Men und der Palmolive Rasierschaum Classic for Men sind weiterhin in unserem Sortiment.
Beide Produkte sind in Großbritannien jedoch nicht mehr erhältlich.
Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Interesse an unserem Unternehmen und an unseren Produkten."

Translated:
"Palmolive Shaving Soap Classic for Men and Palmolive Shaving Foam Classic for Men continue to be available in our product range.
However, both products are no longer available in Great Britain.
We thank you for your interest in our brand and our products."

The interesting bit is that I had asked about the soap (stick) and cream and their reply referred to "foam".
That could be a small slip by the respondent, as I am confident that cream will also continue to be available since cream seems to be more popular than shaving sticks, which are now confirmed (again) to remain available. (The German Colgate-Palmolive website refers to a picture of the shaving stick as "Rasierseife" ("shaving soap").)

For North American Internet distributors this could to be resolved as easily as switching from their U.K. based Palmolive shaving stick supplier to a German supplier.

Hope this allays fears of the untimely demise of the beloved Palmolive shaving stick... :wink:

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
owenm

Post by owenm »

Palmolive cream and stick still in stock at every large Tesco I've been to recently.
Cheers,
Owen
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Apparently it's not so hard to get Palmolive creams and sticks after all in Europe.
brothers

Post by brothers »

brothers wrote:As of now it is confirmed by Phil at Bullgoose Shaving (Facebook) that he'll no longer be able to stock Palmolive shaving soap and cream. To paraphrase my favorite singer of all time, Jerry Lee Lewis, "if you ain't got some, get some!"
I just this morning 11-20-15 checked Bullgoose Shaving, and it appears the Palmolive stick is still in stock after --- how many months? :D
It appears that this tempest has fizzled. :oops:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Every Tesco and Asda I went in while in the UK this past month had plenty of supply. I brought back 12 sticks, for my son, a friend and his son (and myself, admittedly), but forgot to grab some tubes -- next time.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

This is an old thread but Connaught still carries sticks:
http://www.connaughtshaving.com/palmolivesoap.html
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)