Coates Sandalwood

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Coates Sandalwood

Post by fallingwickets »

I dont use mine often, but whenever I do the shave is always top notch. I bought tubes of lime and rose

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Gene

Post by Gene »

I really like the Coates creams. I had a big tub of the sandalwood that I bought several years ago - it was fantastic. And, as noted, I have a bunch of tubes that I bought - in sandalwood, lime and lavender. The lavender scent is a bit more ... astringent ./.. than other lavenders I have used, but it is nice anyway.

I still have a link to the website for our pal with the tubes - I wonder how the supplies are holding out. I was curious about the tea tree one.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
brothers

Post by brothers »

I just found the link also. I'm curious to find out if there's still some Tea Tree you may buy. Not by me though, I'm still flush with several more tubes of Sandalwood. Maybe Andy will still be around when those run out.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Gary/Gene, I've been in touch with Andy in the last week or so and he still has plenty of stock of all scents in the Coate's tubes.

Gareth
brothers

Post by brothers »

My little tube of Coates Sandalwood put up a good fight. And it lasted a full 26 daily shaves, all of them first rate. Now I've got to zero in on my next victim ---
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444