Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Mitchell's Wool Fat

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!

Re: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Postby Rufus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 pm

I've taken to rubbing the wet cake of MWF directly on my wet face, as I do with my sticks of soap. It works well for me and virtually eliminates the frustrations I had when loading my brush directly from the cake.
Bryan
Rufus

Postby pausted » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Good tip, Bryan. I'll try it.
Best regards,

Basil
pausted

Postby rustyblade » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Rufus wrote:I've taken to rubbing the wet cake of MWF directly on my wet face, as I do with my sticks of soap. It works well for me and virtually eliminates the frustrations I had when loading my brush directly from the cake.

When all else fails, the "shaving stick" method works, a.k.a "super concentrated soap application".
Richard
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Postby StGeorge » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:16 am

I now make my own Woolfat shaving sticks, it's very easy to do, I just use a cheese grater (smallest grating section) and then pack it down into an empty D R Harris shaving stick container using the back of a bread and butter knife. When you screw the base of the stick it comes out just like any other shaving stick, you'd never know it wasn't made that way. I use the shaving stick the proper way, just rub it on my face and lather up, it's the best way to use MWF for me, it works a treat.
Tony

667....neighbour of the beast.
StGeorge
I'm not worthy

Previous

Return to Shaving Creams & Hard Soaps