Mitchell's Wool Fat

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Rufus

Re: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Post by Rufus »

I've taken to rubbing the wet cake of MWF directly on my wet face, as I do with my sticks of soap. It works well for me and virtually eliminates the frustrations I had when loading my brush directly from the cake.
Bryan
pausted

Post by pausted »

Good tip, Bryan. I'll try it.
Best regards,

Basil
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Rufus wrote:I've taken to rubbing the wet cake of MWF directly on my wet face, as I do with my sticks of soap. It works well for me and virtually eliminates the frustrations I had when loading my brush directly from the cake.

When all else fails, the "shaving stick" method works, a.k.a "super concentrated soap application".
Richard
StGeorge
I'm not worthy

Post by StGeorge »

I now make my own Woolfat shaving sticks, it's very easy to do, I just use a cheese grater (smallest grating section) and then pack it down into an empty D R Harris shaving stick container using the back of a bread and butter knife. When you screw the base of the stick it comes out just like any other shaving stick, you'd never know it wasn't made that way. I use the shaving stick the proper way, just rub it on my face and lather up, it's the best way to use MWF for me, it works a treat.
Tony

667....neighbour of the beast.
nav

Post by nav »

StGeorge wrote:I now make my own Woolfat shaving sticks, it's very easy to do, I just use a cheese grater (smallest grating section) and then pack it down into an empty D R Harris shaving stick container using the back of a bread and butter knife. When you screw the base of the stick it comes out just like any other shaving stick, you'd never know it wasn't made that way. I use the shaving stick the proper way, just rub it on my face and lather up, it's the best way to use MWF for me, it works a treat.
At home i always use MWF in puck form (placed into a soap commander container, which is perfect for the fat and looks great too!).

For travel, i have a very old QED shaving stick container, which has the push up mechanism instead of the twist bottom. This means, no screw thread running through the middle. I just push it up and apply to my face. It's really the best tube for the purpose.
Royston

Post by Royston »

I cannot understand why some cannot lather this soap.I live in a hard water area and a few swirls with a damp brush and it has enough soap on the brush to face lather. It produces loads of lather this way. Do not bloom this soap. Maybe that is where some are going wrong .It us as easy as any cream.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Royston, welcome to SMF!

- Murray