Lea Classic Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
kennethj

Lea Classic Soap

Post by kennethj »

Anyone try this one ? They also have an aftershave in the same scent.
malocchio

Re: Lea Classic Soap

Post by malocchio »

I did.Some guys swear by it,I couldn't get it to lather,even with distilled water,great scent,but lather reminds me of Williams puck.
Nick Freeh

Post by Nick Freeh »

I just used LEA soap and aftershave this morning. I don't have a problem making lather with it, but I have soft water, which might make a difference. I like both the soap and aftershave, although the soap is not one of my top 5. This morning, I used a Vie-Long natural horse brush--maybe the Spanish connection between the brush and the soap was the magic element! :D A boar brush (but Portuguese this time) also works well for me with this soap. Sprinkling some warm water on the soap and letting it soak in while showering sometimes makes lathering easier, although I usually don't do this.
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Both the LEA and BEA soap sticks give me great ,rich,thick lather,but the Classic puck was a dud for me,even with distilled water.
nav

Post by nav »

The classic puck has become one of my all time favourite soaps.

The conbination of slickness, protection, scent, skin-conditioning and sublte but refreshing menthol really make me reach for this soap very often!!
mlb549

Post by mlb549 »

I shaved with Lea Classic Puck today---a very nice slick lather made a very comfortable shave, the scent is not overpowering. I had no issues lathering this soap and do not have soft water.
Mike
mlb549

Post by mlb549 »

I shaved with Lea Classic Puck today---a very nice slick lather made a very comfortable shave, the scent is not overpowering. I had no issues lathering this soap and do not have soft water.
Mike
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Nice product, unlike others I had no problems with the lather, but then again the Mühle Silvertip Fibre makes it even easy to get a decent lather from Williams...
I tried the soap on different locations with local tap waters and had no complains so far.

I like the soap, whether it becomes a regular in my already crowded rotation list remains to be seen.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
celar36

Post by celar36 »

It took me 5 shaves and brush with good backbone to tame that soap. Love it now.

Never give up after first impression. Give it two weeks of shaving before getting opinion!
Jack