Review: Kiss My Face 4 in 1 Moisture Shave

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Ouchmychin

Review: Kiss My Face 4 in 1 Moisture Shave

Post by Ouchmychin »

I tried a new brushless cream the last couple of days, once with a Shick Hydro 5 and today with my Futur loaded with a Gillette Rubie blade that I had already used 4 times. Both shaves were as good as any brush type soap or cream that I have tried. The initial coat was from about 3 pumps and applied to a very wet face. After rubbing in well I started my first pass. Very slick and a bit of pull noticeable but that could just be the old blades (I had used the Hydro at least 8 times before). Then I re-wet my skin and rubbed the residue around. Against the grain was closer because the cream was thinner. Repeat for across the grain and cream is still thinner. Repeat for a final polish and all went well. Same need to keep feeling and shaving as with brush shaves, but now the cream is barely there and I had to be careful with technique because there was little cushion left. I like the product. It has menthol in the mix and smells somewhat like Maalox.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
ShadowsDad

Re: Review: Kiss My Face 4 in 1 Moisture Shave

Post by ShadowsDad »

Is it like the other KMF shave creams in that it says it's finger lathered, but responds well to a brush?
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I haven't tried a brush, but it is more oily than foamy. I didn't notice any lather when I was rubbing it into my face.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks. It sounds like it really is brushless then.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square