I try D.R. Harris Rose and Lavender

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

I try D.R. Harris Rose and Lavender

Post by chris1978 »

Hi everyone,

long time no see. Lately, i've been try two samples from Maggard Razors. I try D.R. Harris Rose and Lavender during shaving. Both of them are very nice but weak scent. I don't understand that. The Lavender one is hard to tell but it really weak scent when i smell after I use couple of times. The lathering is great and the shave were is fine. Late night I try the Rose again it was bad. I don't know why maybe if I use the alum block which I finishing shaving. How it happened? Maybe I use Dorco ST~301 PLatinum stainless blade for the fourth shave. I got razxor burns very bad. About almost an Hour later my redness has been gone. It is something that I had bad reaction that D.R. Harris shaving cream or it my reaction rose and lavender? I have sensitive skins.

Why D.R. Harris Rose and Lavender are smell so weak subtle scents thank other brands?

Last question is Do you really care or like or love D.R. Harris shaving? Have you try Rose and Lavender cream?

Chris A
brothers

Re: I try D.R. Harris Rose and Lavender

Post by brothers »

Chris, speaking for myself, my nose seems to be out of synch with everybody else's. When it comes to Rose and Lavender, I'm sticking with T & H. I did have a large tub of D.R. Rose, but not their Lavender shaving cream. The Rose soon came to be "not my cup of tea", and was discarded. Taylor's Rose also became less than favorable, and it went to a new home. I only have Rose and Lavender in the Coates shaving creams, but they're seldom used.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Gary,

I just went to the bathroom and smell both Rose and Lavender on samples again. I can smell very slightly but hard to tell. I just making experiment on both scents on my shaving brush and swirl in the bowl. It turn out it smell both between Rose and Lavender. The lathering cream is very thick and creamy. the color of the bowl is light purple and slight pink. Before I wash my hands to washout the cream, I took a smell one more time. It smell like it still slight the same scents. The Lavender one is very hard to tell. It very light faint. The Rose one that I can smell a little. I hope that I can smell again from the TOBS and T&H which I don't have and plan to get it on samples.

Do you have T&H, TOBS and Coates Rose and Lavender? Can you give me some on samples so that I can try? Send me PM.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, I sent you a PM.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I use a Harris Lavender stick and I don't find the scent weak. It is subtle, but it has a definite lavender smell to it, which lasts for my entire shave. My favourite rose and lavender shaving creams, however, are TOBS. They have the most pleasant scent of any creams I've tried, which, when combined with performance and price make them outstanding.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

chris1978 wrote:Gary, . . . Do you have T&H, TOBS and Coates Rose and Lavender? Can you give me some on samples so that I can try? Send me PM.

Chris
Chris, sorry that you decided against the Coates Rose and Lavender. The door is still open if you change your mind about it. Good luck with your search.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

coates rose is really nice.......surprised he turned you down, gary....very generous offer too

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

DR Harris Lavender is an excellent scent to my nose.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, I like the Lavender Harris very much and wouldn't hesitate over ordering it again.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have both a stick and a bowl --- stick for travel, and bowl for home.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?