Heads Up! TOBS Cedarwood shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Heads Up! TOBS Cedarwood shaving cream

Post by brothers »

I was thunderstruck to see a guy's SOTD post this morning on one of the Facebook shaving forums wherein he announced his first shave with the brand new TOBS Cedarwood shaving cream. At this time the only place it can be ordered is TOBS on Jermyn Street in London. I did not order it there and don't plan to order it yet because I'm sure it'll be finding its way to all of our favorite vendors in the near future. Cedarwood just knocks me out. Can't wait to try it for myself. Those folks at TOBS have a great shaving cream base, and they are fighting for our business with the wide variety of old traditional classics alongside the new fragrances.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Heads Up! TOBS Cedarwood shaving cream

Post by Squire »

One reason Taylor pays attention to our needs is they are still a family owned company.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Currently using their Jeryme? Street and it is the best I have used imho. Can't buy any more right now because my cabinet shelf is bulging with products reviewed here that I haven't tried yet.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I would like to try this one. The woodsy stuff generally agrees with me so long as it's not overloaded with patchouli.
Regards,
Squire
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I can't wait to try it out. The funny thing is I had to throw out a Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon and Cedar cream the other day because it was about 10 years old.
It wasn't salvageable and looked pretty dried up. This new TOBS cream should be real nice just like the rest of their scents.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Following Connaught's post in the Shopping forum today, I now have one tub inbound from UK. 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

brothers wrote:Following Connaught's post in the Shopping forum today, I now have one tub inbound from UK. 8)
Hey Gary, you need to let us know what the Cedarwood is like. I have to get a cream to replace my TOBS Shaving Shop which is no longer made. The TOBS site description of this cream sounds interesting. Need to know so I can order it with my other TOBS creams from Connaught.

Thanks,
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's my plan! :) I anticipate receiving it within the next 2 or 3 days.
Gary

ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

brothers wrote:That's my plan! :) I anticipate receiving it within the next 2 or 3 days.
Thanks Gary, gonna watch this thread like a hawk!
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Come to think of it I believe that Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon and Cedar was the last one I've used that was actually labeled cedar. Lets see how this new one turns out.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

My friend Paul mailed the little package 10 days ago. Maybe today? No big deal, really. But still, I'm going to judge this fragrance against Castle Forbes because I find that scent to be intoxicating.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Package arrived today. Fragrance is not identical to Castle Forbes, nor did I anticipate that it would be. Smells good to me. First impressions of new scents especially in my case, are never helpful, so I'll refrain from trying to describe it until I can be objective. I'll lather it up and use it tomorrow (Friday). It may take more than one usage to become familiar with it. Please bear with me on this one.
Gary

vespergo

Post by vespergo »

That's awesome, I haven't seen a new cream in their lineup since the grapefruit, which was an awesome one for me.
Josh
brothers

Post by brothers »

vespergo wrote:That's awesome, I haven't seen a new cream in their lineup since the grapefruit, which was an awesome one for me.
They have Peppermint, and it's quite good.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I used TOBS Cedarwood this morning. The cream performs great, and that's a well known TOBS characteristic. It smells good too. It's a masculine but gentlemanly scent, and maybe the word comforting could be applied. It's woody, with a little sweetness and a little warmth, but not at all strong. I doubt anyone will be able to smell it when they walk into the room, unless they have the nose of a bloodhound. It's a scent worthy of a top of the line English shaving cream. Worthy to bear the Taylor name. I sent TOBS an email inquiry to see if they plan to offer a matching aftershave or cologne. I think I could go for that.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I used TOBS Cedarwood this morning
you make it sound rather good, gary.....i think im going to try some. did you buy tubes or tubs?

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Is this a special order item? My fav store doesn't have it listed and neither does west coast

thanks
de gustibus non est disputandum
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

fallingwickets wrote:Is this a special order item? My fav store doesn't have it listed and neither does west coast

thanks
Connaught Shaving has it. Good guy to deal with, fair prices and shipping but since it comes from England it takes more than a couple days to get to you. But will be well worth the weight it seems.

Got to order mine on Monday along with a few others.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive it's only offered in the tub at the present time. Paul at Connaught is often the first/only internet seller to have some of the new items.
Gary

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I had been using TOBS Jeryme street cream until the jar is almost gone. Decided to switch to a jar of Cold River Soap Works Classic soap for a change. That has a great and noticeable scent and a good lather that shaves well. It just lacks the rich creaminess of TOBS cream.
Ouchmychin (Pete)