LEA classic cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
malocchio

Re: LEA classic cream

Post by malocchio »

Brutus..did you notice any BEA sticks while you were shopping ?
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

malocchio wrote:Brutus..did you notice any BEA sticks while you were shopping ?

Yes, I picked up two sticks of the blue and white standard range (€1.51 each), soapy scent (no trace of menthol that I could detect), works quite well and I put it in a similar league with Palmolive (which has possibly more soapy scent) and La Toja (definitely more salty) sticks.

No sticks for the Lea Classic (sandalwood etc.) line AFAIK.

Check here for the Lea product range:
http://www.productosleatienda.com/en/

For menthol lovers, there seems to be only the cream.
The "Classic" range is listed separately.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

I just received a tube of this cream yesterday from Italian Barber - here's my opinion:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--So easy to lather. Just a small amount is needed.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability. Multi-pass shaves are so easy.

General skincare: 9/10--Actually quite cooling as well as very comfortable. Good amount of menthol. More than I thought.

Scent: 9/10--Very classy, elegant, and sophisticated. Lovely.

Price: 6/10--Not cheap, that's for sure but still quite worthwhile.

Would I buy again: 8/10--There's a good chance that I would because the quality is definitely there.
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

in my time with the classic cream I found the scent to be to busy, to layered. the variability on how it would smell was based on heat of brush, heat of lather bowl, heat of lather on the brush.
cooler always brought out the menthol and non of the others lasted long.
Hot always brought the oakmoss and sandalwood out, no menthol.

Lathering was finicky as my tube aged. as it got older I needed more of the cream. And that only made the oakmoss and sandalwood scent stronger.

I ended up throwing what I had left in the tube out the other day. I had used it, it had been an ok shave but the scent from my shave brush was giving me a migraine. The cream had been doing that to me lately, change in weather was making more cream necessary and my brain couldn't take it.

Been using razorock classic and Williams now. haven't used Williams in a few weeks. It likes to be used daily.