D.R. Harris shaving cream or Shaving soap or Tube

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

D.R. Harris shaving cream or Shaving soap or Tube

Post by chris1978 »

Hi everyone, I have bee using D.R. Harris Rose , Lavender, Arlington and Windsor on samples and it was so good and I enjoy it. I really like the cream very much. I get comfortable shave and very protective with one nick and no razor burns. The is much better cream out there. This is only cream I really care about.

Which D.R. Harris shaving cream or Shaving soap or tube should I get? I like all four scents but don't know if I wanted to buy one a time or buy all of them. One thing is about the shaving soap. It is worth it to use the shaving soap that make better smell than the cream? I know it last for a long time but to save money. I never use the soap before but want to try out.

Does anyone has the experience by using the shaving soap? It is easy lathering? It good for sensitive skin?

Chris A
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: D.R. Harris shaving cream or Shaving soap or Tube

Post by jww »

I find the DR Harris soaps the best by far for both scent and lathering. I'd go with Lavender and Arlington soaps --- both fresh scents. Soap tends to have a longer shelf life than creams. Buying one at a time or altogether is a personal choice -- if you have the cash, by 'em all now -- -if not, then pick them up one at a time.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I second Wendell's recommendation regarding lavender and Arlington. My preference is for cream over soap, but for travelling I take along a stick of lavender. Harris Arlington is my go-to aftershave.
Bryan
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

What about Windsor cream or shaving soap? I heard it was excellent performance. I never try the aftershave milk in regular, Arlington and Windsor but it really little pricey. I will try to get both shaving cream on tube and shaving soap.

What about Rose scent do you care or love the cream?

Chris A
brothers

Post by brothers »

The absolute tops DR Harris soaps/creams in my book are Sandalwood and Marlborough. I've used them all, and was able to identify my personal favorites. Just goes to show that each guy has his favorites.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Almond and Lavender for me.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

While I love the performance factors of all the DR Harris soaps, I have to admit, that Almond is my least favourite from a scent perspective. It just doesn't do it for me .... and I'm not sure why that is, but this is a ymmv past time, isn't it? :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Probably genetic Wendell, wouldn't worry about it.
Regards,
Squire
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Squire wrote:Almond and Lavender for me.
I'm with Squire!
John