Shaving Cream melted . . .

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
ThePossum

Shaving Cream melted . . .

Post by ThePossum »

Don't know what to call it exactly but I just bought and received two tubs of TOBS Shaving Shop cream from Amazon. Only reason I bought it from them is that I can't find it anywhere else.

The cream arrived yesterday and I decided to open it just to smell the scent and get one ready for use today. To my surprised the outside of the tub was wet and sort of greasy feeling. I opened the tub and a mess of the cream was stuck to the top of the plastic protective cover not the lid. The cream looked like it had melted as it was not in a nice smooth surface. I then opened the other one, same wetness and greasiness and with this one the protective cover was stuck up inside the lid of the tub and again the cream looked like it had melted.

Don't think the cream itself is bad just the way it was packaged. I want a nice tub of cream like TOBS anticipated. Should I return this stuff to Amazon and ask for more or my money back. Looks to me like I got a lemon and not shaving cream. Lemon is okay to cook with but not shave with.

Thanks for your advise.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Shaving Cream melted . . .

Post by Squire »

Send it back, which is a bit of a hassle but may be the quickest solution. I would ask for a refund rather than replacement because there is no guarantee the rest of the stock is not so affected. Perhaps someone like Phil at Bullgoose could order it for you.
Regards,
Squire
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Thanks Squire,
Just what I thought I should do. Never thought to see if Phil could order some for me. Seems that this stuff is no longer being made by TOBS and most likely it is old stuff from Amazon. Will shoot Phil a quick email.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I also just received two tubs of TOBS creams from Amazon. Same results. One was leaking cream around the cap and got the jar and the inside of the shipping box greasy. The other just had a void on the top of the cream. I sent the first back but will try to live with the second.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Update on getting some of the TOBS Shaving Shop Cream. Found a source thanks to Paul at Connaught Shaving. He got back to me the same day I wrote him with a great and dependable source.

Thanks go out to Paul.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Always found Paul to be attentive and helpful.
Regards,
Squire