Trumper Sandalwood creme.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Mart

Trumper Sandalwood creme.

Post by Mart »

As a newby I'm eager to try the various soaps and cremes available and received my 1st selection yesterday. This morning I tried it and was pleased with how much better it is than the shave gel I was using. (My wife's) I've been wet shaving a week and on day 4 with a Wilkinson Classic blade. The shave I got was far better than I'd hoped it would be. No nicks and smooth, smooth, smooth. I'll be getting a tallow based croap from Ginger's Garden today. Never thought shaving could be this enjoyable.

I'm open to suggestions, too.
wrath186

Re: Trumper Sandalwood creme.

Post by wrath186 »

Love all of Trumpers scents. Rose and Violet are my favorites. The slickest, closest shaves I get from Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap. Since you're going to try tallow based soaps, you might want to give that one a try.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

The transition from necessary chore to pleasant pastime is the difference between work and a hobby.
Regards,
Squire
BiffBuff

Creams and Soaps and Croaps, O My!

Post by BiffBuff »

It seems like you are well on the way to shaving bliss. As Squire says, the crossover from a chore to a delightful pastime is really eye opening. On the few occasions that someone has expressed interest in retro wet-shaving, I usually stress that aspect in my reply -- the fact that what had always seemed an onerous chore has become a daily ritual I look forward to with pleasure.

So, have fun trying out all the new stuff available, and shopping for a good price -- as an example; Art of Shaving sells the Merkur 34C razor for $65.00. Amazon sells the same razor for $34.75 -- so, buyer beware -- but have fun!
disengage
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

As a newby I'm eager to try the various soaps and cremes
In preparation, no doubt you have already called all your card companies for a limit increase?? :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum