Review of Connecticut Yankee Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
California Cajun

Review of Connecticut Yankee Shaving Soap

Post by California Cajun »

Keywords: soft soap, mild citronella scent, interpretation of J.P. Williams original product Yankee Soap

This is a "croap," which is a combination cream/soap like Cella. It lathers easily in a mug. The container that holds this 4.4 oz. puck is not big enough for me. I added a photo comparing this soap (out of the container) size-wise with Mama Bear's (top); an Arko tub (left); and Williams (right). The price is $12.99 ($3.25/oz.) so it is medium-priced. It has a milder scent than Williams, but it is more natural and feels fresh during the lathering process. I shaved twice: once with several days growth, once with one day's growth. The lather is rich, it does not dissipate, and provides a fine cushion. This is a soap obviously targeted for those who want to vicariously experience the nostalgia of the original product that made the J.B. Williams Co. famous. Be advised: if you are satisfied with the current Williams product, it is considerably less expensive. One store carries it in my city at $1.09 for the 1.75 oz. puck ($0.62/oz). I like Connecticut Yankee Soap and will probably continue using it as long as it is manufactured.
Attachments
Label
Label
SMlabel.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Ingredients
Ingredients
SMingredients.jpg (10.86 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Soap in container
Soap in container
SMsoap in container.jpg (10.06 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Soap in mug
Soap in mug