Clubman Intros New Soap/Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Clubman Intros New Soap/Cream

Post by Squire »

Interesting. May we expect a review?
Regards,
Squire
BPman

Post by BPman »

I haven't decided yet whether to buy one. :?
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I was pretty excited to find that they also had creams available at the same price. Then I noticed the list on the side and looked at what they had in blades. The first item was a blade sharpener. When I read the fine print, it says it removes skin, oil, and keratin. It does not really sharpen the blade. When they say it gives up to 150 shaves in bold print, I believe that is false advertising.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

If this was true it would mean a thousand blades would last nearly 500 years. :shock:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

If I were more of a fan of the aftershave scent I would be in for the soap...
but clubman is not for me
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Me neither
Ouchmychin (Pete)
BPman

Post by BPman »

Ouchmychin wrote:I was pretty excited to find that they also had creams available at the same price. Then I noticed the list on the side and looked at what they had in blades. The first item was a blade sharpener. When I read the fine print, it says it removes skin, oil, and keratin. It does not really sharpen the blade. When they say it gives up to 150 shaves in bold print, I believe that is false advertising.

Any blade can shave 150 times. They may not be very comfortable, but they will. :P :lol: :wink: