melt and pour, glycerin and such things

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

Re: melt and pour, glycerin and such things

Post by nicodemus38 »

I liked how lea classic shaved, but still soldiered through 2/3s of it before I said screw the smell and tossed it.

Ive been using up my razorock classic because I like the smell, and ive been dogged to try to make it work right, and I have figured out how. thank god for Williams.
eyebright

Re: melt and pour, glycerin and such things

Post by eyebright »

nicodemus38 wrote:now I don't have an interest in most instances [sic] is that they refuse to take returns on a product unless there is something actually wrong. Say it comes and the jar is empty, or the jar exploded during shipment. Then you can get a return on it. But if you open it, take a sniff, and end up on your knees puking...no return.
I think that we have become a little spoiled by big chain stores that accept returns on any product, for any or no reason, when it used to be that, yes, there had to be something actually wrong with the product to return it. It's convenient to be able to return something for a refund just because we've changed our minds about it, but small businesses don't have the ability to absorb losses in the same way a corporation does. If fragrance is a big issue for the OP, some companies sell samples so you can try a scent before buying a tub of it.