razorock and quality

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

razorock and quality

Post by nicodemus38 »

How can anyone say, honestly that they get the same shave qualities from individual containers of razorock product? Every reliable source states and admits that the razorock products are always changing. namely in ingredients. every batch can be a different manufacturer, and have completely different ingredients.

For example the razorock classic has been so many formulations both vegan and tallow based that reviews need to start containing lot numbers to be of any use for a person.

the vegan one is OK. but the tallow is wonderful. but their is absolutely no way to track down the tallow version through retailers.
brothers

Re: razorock and quality

Post by brothers »

Nic, I suggest we ask Joseph this question. He's usually eager to address questions and comments regarding his products. These things you are suggesting are news to me. I'd like to have Joe's input.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I was spoiled. I used the original xxx to which all others fail to compare. But in the trumpers line, rose is the gold standard and so for all intent and purpose all scaling might easily be blamed on becks induced imagination. Good luck finding answers to your question

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

On the topic of Razorock ,how are their razors ?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I've noticed that the quality of the Razorock soaps has declined with each new version that comes out.
The original XXX is still the best of the whole bunch of croaps.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

i don't know about the razors, but for the most part they LOOK and SEEM to be the same that maggard sells under their own label. And I hear very similar comments on quality and fit of both that leave me thinking they are the same.

the razorock classic I have is the vegan formula. It does work ok, but it only works well if I face lather it. I did a practice hand lather test few weeks ago. And it made beautiful lather after 15 laps on my hand, but it was completely worthless for shaving.
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

the irony is that the "better" shave wise formulas all have massive combinations of scents.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Bruno, nice to see you out and about. Happy new year!!!!!!!

:D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Thanks Clive, and Happy New Year to you as well. :D
I still visit the forum on a daily basis, I haven't gone anywhere. :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."