english scents

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

english scents

Post by nicodemus38 »

I know a lot of the compositions of some of these scents for English soap or cream can be nutty. I know my English flavored pipe tobacco was more muted then anything.
For example, the chocolate flake I had a sample of. It was tobacco that had a taste of chocolate to it. American chocolate tobacco in comparison would simply taste like a Hershey bar and nothing else.

Im wondering if the English soaps and creams follow that tradtion. Jermyn street for example has a lot of the scents I cant stand in person. Migraine inducers comprise half the ingredient list for me. Yet I see reviews that its lightly/weakly scented and that the lather on the puck from loading, actually NEGATES the scent from the puck. And that the scent dies fast before the shave is done.

I liked LEA classic cream, I just couldn't take the scent layering. to many magic things had to be done to make it almost consistent. I don't want to have that experience again.