Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero shaving soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
JayDee

Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero shaving soap

Post by JayDee »

Italian Barber brought in this Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero soap recently and when I saw it I JUMPED on it because I had heard so much about it. Here are my findings!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A few swirls of a wet brush and BINGO, tons of rich lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Five guys can shave using the same brush with this soap!

General skincare: 8/10--Not a face-freezer like the name would imply, but still very cooling. Good post-shave feeling.

Scent: 10/10--Minty, mentholy, and very refreshing. I love it.

Price: 10/10--I paid so little for it. Just 4,99$ CAD from Italian Barber.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Most assuredly. This soap is a delight.

Where is this soap from? Not from China although Tcheon Fung Sing moved to Italy from China before the second world war and became involved in cosmetics and perfumes and his wife became in fashion, I believe. This soap is made in Torino, Italy and a work of art and class. Joseph and Michael from Italian Barber can educate you much more and much better about these soaps (there are very many from this designer) than I can!
Attachments
crema-barba-sottozero-800x800.jpg
crema-barba-sottozero-800x800.jpg (121.47 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero shaving soap

Post by fallingwickets »

sounds like a good soap....would be cool (lol) if there was a non-menthol version'

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Tcheon Fung Sing produces a lot of non-mentholated soaps as well. :)
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks,,,,from your post I took it that this menthol soap was a special deal. I'll have to go looking for the regular versions

thanks again
clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

I think it's a lovely soap - but then again, I'm a menthol lover.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I like my menthol strong, but I'm not saying I prefer mentholated soaps over non-mentholated.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Gary, the menthol from this soap is not that strong but it's still very noticeable and pleasant. I used it again this morning and I enjoyed it very much. :)
BPman

Post by BPman »

I want to try their traditional "ciotola gialla", the yellow citrus one, but can't find it in stock anywhere in the USA. :x

http://tfssoap.altervista.org/Tradizione.html