VANDER HAGEN DELUXE

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

VANDER HAGEN DELUXE

Post by nicodemus38 »

Ive finally figured out the smell of it after a few days. Its the standard female glycerin facial cleanser bar sold with generic "guava/peach/apricot" scent.
IT lathers like so many of those facial bars as well.
CMur12

Re: VANDER HAGEN DELUXE

Post by CMur12 »

Isn't it mostly glycerin and detergent (SLS, SLES, or such)?

- Murray
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

NOt really a detergent thing. It just lathers so similar to most facial cleansing bars that its suspicious because I spent a few years in the early 90s just using glycerin bars.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I'v used VanDer Hagen delux and the other flavor before. Believe me there are plenty of soaps and creams I liked a lot better. The only advantage of VDH is the price.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I bought a puck several months ago just to have. The box says it is a very good bath soap, as well as a shaving soap. I didn't use it as a shaving soap because there are others I enjoy more, but as a hand soap/shower soap, it did live up to the positive information on the box. Last month I used it up completely in the shower, and I have no complaints about the performance in the shower.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

I guess the only positive thing about it was the lathering, and the glide and protection it offered.

I ended up tossing the puck out. The stench of it was getting worse with each shave. So im back to using up my other soaps.