Musgo Real

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

Musgo Real

Post by nicodemus38 »

Im curious how good is it? I see some places selling it at half the MSRP and other places are out of stock...
Brutus

Re: Musgo Real

Post by Brutus »

Very good.
I have several creams in rotation and they perform very well, even if used sparingly, creating a nice rich lather with good lubrication.

The one shaving soap in the Musgo range is not quite that highly rated, but I get good results from that one as well - despite some disparaging reviews.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

how strong are the scents then?
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

nicodemus38 wrote:how strong are the scents then?
Difficult to answer, IMO the classic soap and cream has a stronger scent than the later variations Lavender, Orange Amber, Lime Basil and Spiced Citrus.

In more general terms, Musgo Real scents are weaker than Tabac and Proraso, but stronger than D.R. Harris, Taylors, Lea, La Toja (except for its saltiness), Nivea or Palmolive.

i like the Musgo Real cream and soap balance, not overpowering but strong enough to tell its presence afterwards, but shaving soap or cream scents are always weak compared to After Shave, Eau de Cologne or Eau de Toilette.

B
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
nav

Post by nav »

I read good reviews and thought there must have been a reformulation.

I bought two pucks after reading the positive reviews and I was not disappointed!

Awesome shaving soap, just make sure you ask the retailer for the reformulated formula as my retailer had both in stock.

Lovely Musgo Real scent and great performance!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Was my first shave cream after Crabtree and Evelyn. Loved how it smelled like hay, aqua marine /teal in color. Wonder how the stuff compares now? That was over 15 years ago

And where is it half price?